Image Umbrella: Desktop Art

david.atwell

@Bunnie: Looks awesome, but try to add some detail to the background space, the stars should differ in size. Try using Random shape fill plugin by prochild, or Add noise ( :AddNoise: ).

This applies to you, too pipp. :wink:

Oh, and the lighting comes from the left, but try brightening and blurring it a little and focusing the lighting more on the left side, if you know what I mean.

So, here is a wallpaper I made:

1.png

It's called Marine Mint. :D

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Nice work Kemaru, i suggest blurring the background a bit more. The edges are a bit too strong and distracting - just a little though. KIU

MegaNight, nice job on the Ufo, but the explosions on the planet seem wierd. Maybe make then a tad more blue.. i don't know lol. Nice work though, KIU.

I worked on a wallpaper today using this pattern: [link]

Apple_Wallpaper_by_El_Torres.png

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

A lot of sci-fi wallpapers here, my favorite theme :)

@LFC---Nice wallpaper. Love the simplicity as well as the lighting on the top. :)

The only problem is (and this is just a small technical one. Forgive me for paying too close attention towards minimal things) I don't think you're allowed to hyperlink images directly to the image. I think that the images should be hyperlinked to the deviantart page where the image resides. Again, forgive me for being hypercritical this isn't something I'm against, it's just a little warning because I remember a really old discussion on this forum about hyperlinking directly to the image and that it was against deviantart rules or something. I could be wrong though. Just putting it out there :wink:

--------------------

I really like this wallpaper. I should probably change the scanlines though :|

NY_Dark_Wallpaper_by_Worldnewser.jpg

Photobucket (free) resizes the wallaper. It allows max res of 1024x768, or limit to 1MB filesize, and my wallpaper was 1.11MB + a higher res. Anyway, i changed it wallpaper link to what worldnewser said. Can't take risks, ya know?

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Just to clarify (yeah I know it seemed confusing):

It's fine to use D.A's thumbnails, but it's no good to hyperlink to the image directly. The thumbnail should link to the deviantart page of the actual image :wink:

I just didn't want anyone having D.A on their back because of such a subtle use of links :wink:

Ahh that makes sense.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't know if those rules apply for Imageshack - I've been doing it that way for quite some time :P

Here's a possilbe Desktop Image I made trying to emulate J2k's and LFC's lighting:

thmb1smalldq0.png

Clicky

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Here are a few backgrounds I've come up when bored in the later hours of the night :)

They're are mostly just heaps of different effects added to a mixture of colours that I started with . . .

baj2yo8.jpg

The letters BAJ are my girlfriends initials :P

dragonforcefm4.png

This is a background for my playstation three (Im only fourteen :mrgreen: )

drunkatseaik2.jpg

This one I'm just not sure . . . something to do with gradient bars and a little messing with the layer settings

graphicdh3.jpg

This was meant to be like a spiraling tunnel sorta thing, but something went wrong . . . and then i just kept going . . .

hippysplashyz7.jpg

Just a splash of paint and a fiddle with 'curves', add some glass boxes and you got yourself a hippy background :wink:

idontevenknowsz8.jpg

I went crazy . . .

peacockexplosionbj7.jpg

Inspiration: Peacock

rainbowrosexd1.jpg

A background I made for my girlfriend

technoswirljp2.jpg

Umm . . . you figure it out

somethingjv6.jpg

This one started out as an 'exploding planet', but i got bored, so i added a bit of a twist . . .

Well, thats it really, i think i have more, but I wont waste anymore space.

Criticism please :D !!!

----------------. . . Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse . . .----------------

shinymount.png

---------------------. . . I'm a guy of simple tastes . . .----------------------

-------------------.:My Forever Maturing Gallery:.--------------------

Cheers hyrule, that's the first compliment I've gotten on PDN :D

I haven't been Paint.NET-ing very long, i just like fiddling with all the different effects to come up with something a little abstract :)

shinymount.png

---------------------. . . I'm a guy of simple tastes . . .----------------------

Just a little something I whipped up :mrgreen:

Enjoy!

[EDIT] This image is made up of no stock images, completely PDN :mrgreen:

abstractmoonriseco1.jpg

shinymount.png

Just another two Chazizzle original's :wink:

These both started the same, but I tweaked each one differently along the way . . .

burningrongofiremr4.jpg

bloodtunnelbz1.jpg

shinymount.png