Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

Your render is not cut out neatly, and the large text is aliased. The smaller text should be clean cut rather than blurry like it already is.

Now, some theory. In your sig, there's one spot that the person looking at it will look at first; it's called your focal point, and it should stand out either colors-wise, luminosity-wise, or effect-wise(effects are things you add to a render in order to make it interesting. In your case, you could say the fragmenting is your effects). Your focal point should be the man. But it's not, because your text stands out too much on that black background. Learning to make your focal point obvious is important, and can make or break a tag, or most artworks for that matter.

It's a respectable job for a first without a tut. Keep it coming. :)

szhxndxksmmwswe1.png

Om nom nom gradient mappings. :D

I like the first but the second's text is annoying tbh. I know which board you are talking about though and I know they have a dark skin so its all good. :)

-----

I'm announcing my official return to pdn. Though my desktop is about 5 - 6 years old and seems about to die, I will probably be running boot camp on my computer so I can run XP. I love what pdn produces. I was digging through my photobucket and came across my current. 100% pdn except for render and I even tut it. I miss work like this because it stands out over photoshop. I will be doing a lot more manips like my current rather then brushes and stuff. ha. I also will be creating C4Ds since I got cinema 4d and I'll have exclusive download for the pdn members here.

I have never tried much of smudge on pdn so maybe I can master that and conquer the world. :twisted: haha. I've been talking to doctor a lot recently, and he is truly and amazing artist. His work has won him a lot of SOTW's on GameRenders.com, beating those of photoshop. I will still be using photoshop though for making sigs occaisionly, all my school work, and the other programs I purchased with CS3 like Flash and Illustrator and InDesign and dreamweaver.

I'll be producing a lot more resources and tutorials and even better, video tutorials.

I know none of you care, but I wanted to just say it. =]

I remember we talked about this before as well Blooper, and yes, it's quite a shame.

I like your new sigs, both of 'em. For whatever reason, I think your current is better, though the effects stand out more in your newer one.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Looks pretty cool, like the colors. The render is too sharp imo though.

I needed something to do so I made my computer speaker:

avmtk8.png

f2lpvr.png

Its from scratch only using my speaker as reference lol

EDIT: Made a light bulb, saw it in a photoshop tut I think:

hrcu2g.png

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^