Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

@dangever:

I like your style very much! It looks too wide for an avatar, and a bit small for a sig - did you make it specifically for that size or was the size an arbitrary choice?

Only part that doesn't "gel" for me is the light area immediately below the top left face. The brightness there obscures the small face and there is a hard line to the right of this bright area.

Here's something I've been working on, a stereogram sig!

EERSignature12.jpg

My question is this: Is this just too obscure to use, or will people "get it"?

I have been a lurker here for quite a while. The talent here is unreal. I've been learning a lot, what better way to waste sleepless nights. Here is an animated sig I use for emails. PDN and Beneton animator. It doesn't look right without a white background, need to figure out how to fix that.

FCNeon300x50.gif

These are also used in my emails as backgrounds

th_IHlogo2.png

th_IHlogo3.png

fclogo4.jpg

frankencub- if you want it to have no white, than it would have to be .apng format or something else, other wise .gif doesnt allow transparency. i suggest making it a white rectangle instead of the weird shapes. cool idea though. looks like neon. other things look cool. pretty realistic.

nath- wayyy to much empty space on the right side. move yoshi a little more towards the center (not all the way, but say 20 pixels maybe?) and add something else. your current sig has the simplistic thing going pretty good, but you can't really do that with a render, unless you are t3h aW3S0M3. resize yoshi to make him a small enough for his head to fit in the sig at least. Oh and make your border stand out a little more. i can barely tell its there. make it either darker or lighter. keep practicing though. it doesn't take long to get better if you do stuff every other day.

arcanine sig

arcaninesigv3.png

Thanks guys. I did find a gif to apng converter but then it isn't compatible with Photobucket, I tried it on a couple other forums and I get a non compatible format error. I will slide on over to the Image Hospital area for further questions. That's the look I was trying for, neon light. Took me probably 8 tries before I was happy with it. I also added one of the first sigs I made. I stumbled upon PDN by accident looking for a replacement for MS Paint.....haven't looked back since.

fclogo4.jpg

you can host .apng here if you want to, but only a few browsers support it, Firefox 3.0 and higher for example. also, you have yo delete all the white in your frames (like the weird blocky stuff) and then save it as an .apng. i know Firefox has a .apng editor, try searching for it on mozillas website. if you have firefox that is. if not, it wouldn't really matter anyway.

Guess I should have checked back here before posting a Q in the image hospital, oops. Before I saved it I did make sure to remove any white blotches but it still shows up when run. I do have FF3 but I guess it's no use if so few are supporting it for now.

fclogo4.jpg

frankencub- if you want it to have no white, than it would have to be .apng format or something else, other wise .gif doesnt allow transparency. i suggest making it a white rectangle instead of the weird shapes. cool idea though. looks like neon. other things look cool. pretty realistic.

Oh and make your border stand out a little more. i can barely tell its there. make it either darker or lighter. keep practicing though. it doesn't take long to get better if you do stuff every other day.

Distracting borders are a bad thing.

As for you sig, your effects are kind of messy, though you can get away with that. The colors are no good though. Try burning the outer parts of your tag a bit.

I think that is an awesome tag. The smudging is awesome, and i agree, dents is awesome when used properly, and you haven't used it properly, but superbly! :)

The only downfall is that its monotone, so the b&w version looks better. Maybe add some subtle brightness/contrast on the b&w version?

Looks awesome though! KIU man. :)

I forgot to post this here:

vl24en2y7d3fplwn15.png

30 min job, and .. wait for it.. it got me 3 votes in the SOTW on sG! Yeah! :D:P

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Lots of lines there... :shock:

Nice concept, I like how the text waves downwards. The letters look hollow (are they?), though. At first the solid background annoyed me a little but now I think it's very pleasing. :P

ForestGreen-1.png

Finally got Smudge to work. :D (Thanks again, Blooper.)

E: My work might seem a little over-saturated or over-contrasted, my laptop monitor isn't very bright so I can't see the colours properly.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

I downloaded some from dA:

Set 1

Set 2

Set3, though you're better off without these; they're blurry and inconvenient.

And then I used Dents.

For the background I used Flow55's technique (you can find it in the tut he made), Add Noise--> Median.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|