Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

pretty kool briamoth maybe try putting in a gradient to show some more depth like shadows on the wall and floor to give a more 3 dimensional feel...

idk i could be wrong but i think it's worth a try just to see what you turn out with, anyway the worst you can do is stuff it up then undo back to the original state :P

how about this one, it's my first sig i've really used background stocks in...

Untitled-1.png

Simplicity For The Win!

Sig Battle Wins: ||

oithisissparta.png

Please Feel Free To Check Out

My Gallery

Hey guys I`m new to the forum.

I have been using PDN for some years now and i have to say it is great

I made this signature with pdn this afternoon, its Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins

what do you think of it?

(Btw, the avatar is bloody potato, I know, i`ll make a new one when i`ve time :wink: )

Greetings,

N3G

morrigansig.jpg

N3G Artwork

@Mendo: The background is cool but the render is just slapped on it with no real blending.

It also needs more foreground effects. I think it would look pretty nice if you just removed the render.

@N3G: Simple but nice. The flow isn't very good though, and the border could be better.

The background looks very good. I would cut the black "Made by N3G" bar off it. It's too close to the focal and kinda distracting.

I made a new banner for my gallery today. Click here if you'd like to check it out.

You need to have an idea of what would be reflected, draw it in black and white, reshape it so it fits the perspective, set to color dodge, lower the brightness so that it looks good, then alpha-mask the reflections that don't land on the star.

@gigabyte your sigs are okay but they could use some work, also the avatar could use some work as well. You have some good concepts there but you should spend some time experimenting and maybe take a look at some of the tutorials we have in the tutorials section they teach some great techniques that can be used for pretty much anything.

Here is a logo/avatar of sorts that i have made. This is the large version of it

bigsizedbarbedheart.png

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

nice creative sig, briamoth. i think it's ur best. but it's too simple and the clouds are the same clouds and the grass looks the same so it's quite boring. maybe add some text and the grass is too high. i like the concept tho. (sry im not good at sigs). :)

anyone like this? made with the stock provided on a sotw. i personally think it's not that good

beautysigawesome.png

beautysigawesomebandw.png

deviantART

sigs n stuff

@yy10: It looks pretty good, but i can't see any effects.

The render could use better blending.

@Brimoth: Nice, creative concept but it lacks polish.

If you can make the grass more realistic and make different clouds (not duplicates) it would be much better.

Also, it looks like there's a weird outline around the creature.

Ummm, don't remember what the old one looked like to be honest...had a really hard day (physically & mentally). I love your avvie & I think it was something along those lines. I know that I liked it a lot.

New one is good but you need to have the eyes looking at the text...there is a reason for it but too tired to think well. Something about not owning the text...hubby is a signwriter & sometimes we do business cards for people. That was an issue that came up with a client.

Aislin, just had a thought...the text looks quite plain even though it is cursive...why not try gold text? There's some good tutes on it. A gold diamond shape to separate your name from the rest would set it off nicely.

I love the look of the girl...very pretty! Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012