How to: Tie-Dye?

I've been playing around with PDN for about a month now, and it is really great to have this community here, I learned a lot my first few days just tooling around in the Tutorial section. Thanks to all the great contributors!

Now, I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a good way to get a nice spiral Tie-Dye effect. I haven't seen any tuts on the subject and a Search revealed nothing of use. I attached an image demonstrating the type of effect I'd like. If anyone knows a good way to get there, I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks!

MrRezister

Tiedye%20classc%20swirl%20LS.jpg

MrRezister2a.gif

• 13 years later...
On 12/18/2007 at 12:24 AM, BoltBait said:

There is a CodeLab script that can help you.

(Follow the link in my sig)

If you download the entire zip package (not just the dll) you'll find that it comes with a bunch of scripts. One of those makes a nice tie-dye pattern.

necropost very much i know but uh i went onto the website and i couldn't find the whole zip anywhere. i hope its not a problem if you could please tell me how i can get my hands on it?

thanks

3 hours ago, fylmxd said:

i went onto the website

I am also having trouble getting to @BoltBait's site 😬 Hopefully it's only a momentary thing.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@fylmxd  This tutorial may be of some help if you can't find a script:

Also, Boltbait's comment is from 2007.  The Codelab script may not even exist anymore... 🙂

Edited by lynxster4

16 hours ago, fylmxd said:

necropost very much i know but uh i went onto the website and i couldn't find the whole zip anywhere. i hope its not a problem if you could please tell me how i can get my hands on it?

thanks

You're replying to a thread 14 years old. It's not surprising things have changed a little :)

I'll close this thread. If you still need/want the tie-died script @BoltBait mentioned, please start a new thread.