lynxster creations ~ St. Paddy's Day! ~ 3/14/24 🍀

lynxster4

• 3 weeks later...

To all my PDN friends...

Wishing you a very Happy Valentine's Day!!

05_valentine.png

Edited by lynxster4
  • Upvote 3

@Dear lynxster! kp5qxpqw.gif  Likewise, thank you so much. I like it a heart.  <3  ;)

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Very cute heart, and so volumetric! smile3.gifappl.gif

Thanks so much Max!   8_8_32.gif

@Dear lynxster! kp5qxpqw.gif  Likewise, thank you so much. I like it a heart.  <3  ;)

Thank you Seerose!      emoticon-animal-045.gif

Love your new sig! 

• Upvote 1

Oh, what a beautiful hear! Happy Valentine's Day, sweet friend! :)

Thank you, Helen....you too!     :)

• 3 weeks later...

The Stained Glass looks super good and realistic. Gold Star for you. :star:

Thank you, toe_head, the gold star is appreciated!    :)     I'm glad you like them.

Edited by lynxster4

OH.......... So, so pretty they are :D .  The flower is really spectacular (and I'll bet Seersoe likes it too).  Great work!

FYI - there is a tutorial on stained glass on the Fans board here which may be of interest as well.

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi my dear friend!   :star:

Very pleasing on the eyes. I love your color combinations! Really pretty pictures. Thank you so much.  :cake:  :mtdew:
  • Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

OH.......... So, so pretty they are :D .  The flower is really spectacular (and I'll bet Seersoe likes it too).  Great work!

FYI - there is a tutorial on stained glass on the Fans board here which may be of interest as well.

Thank you, Pixey!  I had great fun making them.  I am aware of that tutorial and I thought it was the best of the bunch!   :mrgreen:

Hi my dear friend!   :star:

Very pleasing on the eyes. I love your color combinations! Really pretty pictures. Thank you so much.  :cake:  :mtdew:

Thank you dear Seerose! I am so glad you like them...more to come!    :mrviolet:

Awesome, you should definitely do a Stained Glass tutorial.

Thanks so much TR!   :D    I will consider it...I'd like to perfect it a little more, though.    ;)

Glassy! JC_cheesy.gifappl.gif

Thanks, Max! I really appreciate the comment! Glad you like them.    :mrviolet:

Wow, the bird and flower look fantastic! Thank you Lynxster for sharing!  :star: :star: :star: 

• Upvote 1

Oh, because I am allergic to things I do not want to do. *Cough*

- Michael J. Caboose

Wow, the bird and flower look fantastic! Thank you Lynxster for sharing!  :star:  :star: :star:

Thank you so much Limon! I'm glad you like them!    :)

Edited by lynxster4

Hello friends!    :)

As I promised, here is the next installment of my exploration of stained glass.

This is an example of Translucent Hammered Glass, which is semi-transparent and has a texture applied to one side during the rolling process.

You can tell immediately I used the Crystallize Plugin. Fair enough; nothing too difficult about that. It's the work done on the color layer underneath that's important for proper highlighting.

This took me about a week to get it 'just right'. Some layers are duplicated with 'multiply' or 'overlay' blend modes applied. Some are darkened, some are saturated and some are just left alone.

I hope this picture conveys the subtle highlights (or not so subtle!) and the richness of color of the stained glass. Comments always welcome.  Please enjoy!    :)

08_owl.png

***A side note:  Every piece of 'glass' was done individually. Some pieces have multiple layers to them, all carefully orchestrated to create the effect.

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Thanks, Max!  Glad you like it!    :)     I'm wondering when you are going to try the stained glass tut!    :P

Now I'm thinking you are using an older version of PDN due to your computer. Do you have shapes? I can't remember.... :(

Precisely due to my old system I can't use the new shapes feature, but I think I can manage to adapt the tute somehow. I've just been rather busy lately, but somehow I'll have a go at it LaieA_060.gif

• Upvote 2