Animated Images

midora

You must leave the Background as just: //Background and then set the following layers with speeds. 

I have to log off now (I had a long day) but I can assist more over the weekend :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

32 minutes ago, Pixey said:

You must leave the Background as just: //Background and then set the following layers with speeds. 

I have to log off now (I had a long day) but I can assist more over the weekend :)

OK thanks for your help - when you get back on - How do I turn off transitions ?   I used a transition =fade which is nice (maybe too slow) but now everything after is using fade so I tried  transition=none and I think that worked

Edited by DoubleD
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DoubleD said:

so I tried  transition=none and I think that worked

Great!  I'm please that you sorted it out.  I've never tried those movements myself and we have lost the ones that @midora posted on this thread.  I will try to find out if anyone copied them and, hopefully, I can re-post them :)

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Pixey  All the commands, transitions, etc...are located in his Read-Me file in the download.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Many thanks @lynxster4 It's ages since I read that Read Me.  I'll have to get stuck into the directions in order to fix the images here:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/31629-animated-images/?do=findComment&comment=424804

30b8T8B.gif

On 10/10/2020 at 12:42 AM, DoubleD said:

Can you combine //background; 3000ms ?  My GIF doesn't seem to be waiting to go to the next frame.   I used //background; 10000ms  which should take for ever but nope it goes right to the next frame

I have tried a few times in the past and never been able to apply two commands to one frame. I have not found anything to suggest that it can be done, so I gave up and accepted that it can't.

If you wish to have only the background visible for a specific time before the animation cycle starts, you need to copy the background to a second layer above and rename the copy layer from "// background" to "// 3000ms".

Xkds4Lh.png

Does this plugin allow all layers to be inclusive?

I used to use AnimatedGifLibrary.DLL and that would merge all the layers. Since I switched to this new GIF creator I can;t use my previous .pdn files to mage GIF cuz it loses the background and eacho ne has to be modified to work. 

Example

Layer 1 - it contains a background image

Layer 2 - It contains text just one letter say H

Layer 3 - it contains the letter e next to the H

Layer 4 - it contains the letter l next to the He

Layer 5 - it contains the letter l next to the Hel

Layer 6 - it contains the letter o next to the Hell

When twas save with the old GIF animator all layers were inclusive so there was a background an the letters spelled out Hello on the background - each layer has fixed about of time  and if a layer was turned off in paint.net then it was ignores (like ;UseAsNote)

If I try to use this animator the result just shows the background followed Just the letter H (no background) then just the letter o then just the letter l then just the letter l then just the letter o

I guess I can keep both DDLs and remember that save as Animated GIF (*.gif, *.agif) is the old one and AGIF - Gif Animations and Images (*.gif, *agid) is the new one

10 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Example

Layer 1 - it contains a background image

Layer 2 - It contains text just one letter say H

Layer 3 - it contains the letter e next to the H

Layer 4 - it contains the letter l next to the He

Layer 5 - it contains the letter l next to the Hel

Layer 6 - it contains the letter o next to the Hell

Layer 1 name it:  //background

Layer 2 with the H: name it:  //150ms  (or any speed you want)

Layer 3 with the E (no need to name it anything)

Layer 4 with the L (     "                      "                  )

Layer 5 with the L (     "                      "                  )

Layer 6 with the O (     "                     "                  )

Then go to Save As and choose Save As AGIF GIF.

"and if a layer was turned off in paint.net then it was ignores (like ;UseAsNote) "    If don't want a layer you need to remove the layer as even if it's un-ticked it will not be ignored)

30b8T8B.gif

@Pixey  No that doesn't  really give me the same results.  Plus I can sneak in an image say like a ghost on the  letter S and the deleted on the letter t by covering it up with just a small but of the background.  This allows me to introduce a bunch of stuff without having to redo the whole background

See the two GIF file I attached Test-old.gif - done with the old Animator  and Test-new.gif done with this one   - I included Test-old.pdn  PDN file as a TXT  file just remove the .TXT  and open it to look at it in paint dot net

Test-old.gif

Test-new.gif

Test-old.pdn.TXT

@DoubleD   You don't get the same result because you have each letter on it's own layer.

In order for it to be the same as 'Test-old', frame 2 will have the 'T', frame 3 must contain 'Te", frame 4 must contain 'Tes', and frame 5 must contain 'Test'.

Then you get the even flow of letters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

In order for it to be the same as 'Test-old', frame 2 will have the 'T', frame 3 must contain 'Te", frame 4 must contain 'Tes', and frame 5 must contain 'Test'.

Thanks @lynxster4  👍

30b8T8B.gif

13 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

@DoubleD   You don't get the same result because you have each letter on it's own layer.

Then you get the even flow of letters.

@lynxster4 Yes I know - converting my old .pdn will be a pain

8 hours ago, DoubleD said:

@lynxster4 Yes I know - converting my old .pdn will be a pain

OK I just realized if  take the GIF I created with the old animator and rename them the .agif I can suck them into paint.net (new plugin) and save as a new .pdn so I get the new format without having to go through the conversion  The new animator will do it for me. I just have to load the old animator  plugin if I only a .pdn file, create a new gif  with the old plugin then remove the old plug in and suck it in with the new plugin ...

Hope that makes sense Its late

11 hours ago, DoubleD said:

OK I just realized if  take the GIF I created with the old animator and rename them the .agif I can suck them into paint.net (new plugin)

Yes, you right click on the old GIF you made, choose Save As (All Files - NOT as a gif) then add .agif at the end of the GIF you are copying. Save to a file.  Open PDN and import it - all the layers will open up in PDN when you import it.

30b8T8B.gif

On 10/12/2020 at 11:49 AM, Pixey said:

Yes, you right click on the old GIF you made, choose Save As (All Files - NOT as a gif) then add .agif at the end of the GIF you are copying. Save to a file.  Open PDN and import it - all the layers will open up in PDN when you import it.

God help me if I ever want to change the background. Going the rename to agif routes bangs the background into ever layer - I may just keep both DLLs and rename one .OLD or .NEW as I need

Thanks for all your help

Hello @RandomUser123456 and Welcome :)

Did you note this:

- To avoid conflicts with other filetype plugins which support the same
  extension you should remove or disable them (i.e. AnimGIF.dll).

To verify the installation you should restart Paint.NET and check that in the
filetype popup of the open file selector dialog is an entry starting with APNG.

save-as-type.png

30b8T8B.gif

7 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Hello @RandomUser123456 and Welcome :)

Did you note this:

- To avoid conflicts with other filetype plugins which support the same
  extension you should remove or disable them (i.e. AnimGIF.dll).

To verify the installation you should restart Paint.NET and check that in the
filetype popup of the open file selector dialog is an entry starting with APNG.

save-as-type.png

Yes I did notice that, but I do not see AnimGIF.dll within the Paint.NET folder: LLKCU.png
and how do I restart Paint.NET? I simply close out of it and assumed that is good enough.

4 minutes ago, RandomUser123456 said:

Yes I did notice that, but I do not see AnimGIF.dll within the Paint.NET folder:

You mean the Paint.net/File Types folder?

And yes, just closing and restarting is good enough :) 

30b8T8B.gif