• 2 weeks later...

Mmmh, if I select from requester to open a AGIF file, Windows file requester will be correctly restricted to aGIFs only in that directory, skipping normal GIF files:

image.png.d8ed948d77feea540124c26a083bd978.png

but then when I proceed loading those .gif as AGIF they won't get loaded as agif :( Is this a bug? I know I can rename them .agif to load them correctly as animated gifs, but I wanted to keep them as .gif and force-load them as AGIF from within Paint.net...

Am I doing something wrong? Is this impossible to do?

Edited by hexaae
1 minute ago, hexaae said:

Mmmh, if I select from requester to open a AGIF file, Windows file requester will be correctly restricted to aGIFs only, but when I load those .gif they get loaded as gif and not as agif :( Is this a bug? I know I can reneame them .agif to load them correctly as animated gifs, but I wanted to keep them as .gif and force-load them as AGIF from within Paint.net...

Am I doing something wrong?

Because of a quirk of the Paint.NET file type plugin system, you can't override built-in file types.  Therefore, to support animated gif files, you must first install the agif plugin, then rename your file from MyFile.GIF to MyFile.AGIF and open it in Paint.NET.  When finished making changes, you need to save your animated gif as MyFile.AGIF. Finally, to see the results in Windows/Explorer/etc., you must rename your MyFile.AGIF to MyFile.GIF.

If you can't see the file extensions in file explorer, you need to enable that in the file explorer ribbon.

• You're a Smart Cookie! 1

Click to play:
j.pngs.pngd.pnga.pngp.png
Download: BoltBait's Plugin Pack | CodeLab | and how about a Computer Dominos Game

Oh :( Thank you from prompt reply. Will this change in the future for Paint.net? At least when force-loading a specific format changing file type in the file-requester... Of course keeping default filter will give priority to built-in formats, but when choosing a specific filter I expected Paint.net to ignore built-in filter.

Edited by hexaae
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am sorry if this has been answered, my older brother usually helps me with this sort of stuff but we do not live near each other anymore. I can no longer get this plugin to work, I tried saving as a "gif" and renaming to "agif". Ive also replaced the save files for this plugin. Making gifs was really fun and I haven't been able to do it in a long time. I primarily use pantdotnet over any other program. I tried using Gimp but I hate it. Any help, advice, or tips would be appreciated.

Hello @DazedSparrow and welcome to the forum :)

Hopefully going over the following tutorial will help you to see how @Midora's Plugin is used to make an animation in paintdotnet :)  Pay particular attention to where the Plugin .dll's are placed into PDN's folders.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

14 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Hello @DazedSparrow and welcome to the forum :)

Hopefully going over the following tutorial will help you to see how @Midora's Plugin is used to make an animation in paintdotnet :)  Pay particular attention to where the Plugin .dll's are placed into PDN's folders.

Thank you! I will try this out, I have used this plugin before but it stopped working some time ago- but it doesn't hurt to try again! I will look this over, thank you so much!

You are welcome @DazedSparrow If you go to the first page you will see that this Plugin was revamped in 2019, so you will have to download it anew :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.