Sign in to follow this  
AhmedElyamani

Ahmed's Plugins

.Ahmed's Plugins.

Hello again !

This topic shall Contain all my PDN plugins or other additions .

Plugins:

You can download the .zip file that has them all : Ahmed\'s Plugins.zip

(all the plugins are put in alphabetical order.)

Apply Color.dll: Effects----->Color------>Apply Color

Download link: http://goo.gl/PTeYh

a simple plugin that allows you to (Apply) a color to your image.

Example:

testImage_applyColor.png

Cartoonize.dll: Effects----->Artistic------>Cartoonize

Download link: http://goo.gl/D9aWp

a plugin that turns realistic photos into cartoony style (with some simple dithering ).

Example:

testImage_Cartoonize.png

Clarifaction+.dll: Effects----->Photo------>Clarifaction+

Download link: http://goo.gl/5aXMV

a plugin to clarify your image.

Example:

testImage_clarify.png

InkSketch+.dll: Effects----->Artistic------>InkSketch+

Download link: http://goo.gl/tqsrv

an artistic effect that redraws your image as if drawn with ink.

Example:

testImage_InkSketch.png

Posterize+.dll: Adjustment----->Posterize+

Download link: http://goo.gl/XGKIZ

a very useful, customizable effect , it allows you to limit the output of any channel , including HSV , RGB !

Example:

testImage_posterize.png

Quick Gravity.dll: Effects----->Distort------>Quick Gravity

Download link: http://goo.gl/DYF9M

a quick effect that will drag your image down while stretching it , giving it a gravity effect .

Example:

testImage_gravity.png

Vibration.dll: Effects----->Distort------>Vibration.

Download link: http://goo.gl/nd22R

an effect that well blur and then thick the insides of your image , gives a nice vibration effect.

Example:

testImage_vibration.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- --------

If you need the source of any of my plugins , please PM me !

if you have a plugin suggestion , please write it down here .

please report any errors in this topic.

Thanks for passing by!

Ahmed.

• Upvote 1

Your "hidden content" is still not showing (for me anyhow) :/

lol i haven't updated it yet .

i mean i don't have a lot of free time , my TODO list is quite full , so for now you can install them all in the zip file .

i'll update them really soon :D

thanks for passing by!

Ahmed.

I downloaded your plug-ins, uncompressed them, & transferred the folder to my effects folder while making sure Paint.NET was not open, but I forgot to unblock them. Not seeing them, I closed Paint, unblocked them, then re-opened Paint. I transferred them to a different drive, then back to the drive where all of Paint.NET is found, but I still can't find them. Am I not being observant, or do I need to delete your plug-ins & download them again,

AhmedElyamani?

You shouldn't need to.  Just make sure that the *.dll files are placed in the Paint.NET/Effects folder and restart Paint.NET.  The plugins should show up in the menus as listed in the first post (like Effects > Color, or Effects > Artistic, etc...,)

The reference to "hidden" was regarding the forum content - not the plugins.

Post a screenshot of your Paint.NET/Effects folder so we can see the contents.

The plugins work. I know as I have tested them for the plugin index. If you cannot get them to show up then you are doing something wrong.

Try reading through the plugin troubleshooting thread.

I closed Paint.NET, deleted the file, downloaded it again, extracted the compressed contents to the selected drive; selected "unblock" from the general properties page, hit "OK" on each one of them, then opened Paint.NET again not finding them. With the exception of extracting files, which was not necessary, this process worked for the PixalArtScalingPlugin. I think it may be an operating system issue; but it may be due to a virus that my virus protection/detection program can't detect/is controlled by. This would explain my Paint.NET shortcut not having an unique icon, as well as other quarks.

Apply Color is one of Ahmed's plugins.  The file is Apply Color.dll as shown in this partial screenshot.

yhsjjie-113.png

Check you have that file in the correct location (Paint.NET/Effects as shown in the image).

The plugin shows up in the menu Effects > Colors like the following screenshot.

yhsjjie-114.png

Now, which of these screenshots does not agree with your situation?

Boltbait was unfreindly towards me trying to get others' help.

No he just explained you that you have to ask at the right place.

If a plugin is at the right location and does not appear in the menu you should first check if there is an error message in Menu->Utilities->View Plugin Load Errors.

In order to help you I need more information. like showing us the contents of your effects folder, which I asked for previously.

1. Don't keep insisting the plugins don't work. They do, and to state otherwise is offensive to Ahmed the author.

2. Try midora's suggestion.

3. Show us the contents of your effects folder. I suspect you have some DLL files in there that you shouldn't.

4. We are trying to help you. Stop whining and start listening to what you're being told or asked. BoltBait didn't just shut you down, he linked you to some good information. Go back and read it.

hehehe I figured it out. I have to transfer the plug-ins individually instead in an extracted folder together. I have yet to test them, but at least they appear in my menus. I didn't need him to help me. Calling out somebody's mistake is not an insult.

Edited by Spair

I was just going to say take them out of the folder they come in once extracted. I just downloaded these and have no problems.

A few plugin packs come in folders so when you put them in the right place you still don't see them in PDN. If you don't see your plugin in PDN go look in the effects folder and see if they are in a folder in there and if they are just copy and paste them out with the rest of your plugins. 

Edited by skullbonz

I don't know if the process is the same for all operation systems, but a downloads page is there in Windows 7.

Edited by Spair