Metal text with outline chrome

adel

thank you YM it's nice from you.

i had got the plugin from a member here.

when i finish the tut i will see you the result.

from you we learn.

fekrh-com273385d7fe.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I shrank it. My linky thing won't work, but I believe you can see the original by clicking on my picture and clicking next.

AGJMMetal-1.jpg

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

I messed around some more.

Try adding the "Film Noir" effect (from a plugin) to your image. It looks awesome.

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

I'm acctually already stuck at the downloads, there's only one thing I can install and the other files are all useless. How am I supposed to install those?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's second attempt ever with PDN so be nice.

Yellowman, Thanks for the tut. Just easy enough this noob could follow. Only modified the last color balance and waa-laa, this came out. Also, would you share how you got the image inside of the second example above.

Adel, Sorry but you don't want to see my first attempt trying to follow the above. I ended up with tooooo many questions to flood this forum with.

Any and all suggestions are welcome/needed. AND can anyone be kind enough to help me figure out how to get a text like this onto my preferred background. Do you first start with your finished background, or is there a way to do something like copy/paste onto a different background. Thanks friends..

Edit. I think I figured out the background question. I believe I can just add a different background as a new layer?

post-86751-132193929066_thumb.jpg

Edited by HammerJack

I'm sorry but I'm irritated about this. Five months now since this tutorial was created and he hasn't fixed the page yet!

Helpful.png

I get almost all the way through this thing only to come to the conclusion that I didn't have a plugin vs possibly different version of pdn where at one time maybe it existed, and now it doesn't

So I say to myself, what am I missing. Since I'm learning this stuff (hence the need for the tutorial), I go on an easter egg search to see if "Metalize" exists anywhere in my menus. Nope. I better double check because my eyes have been straining all throughout this. Nope, still not there. OK, did I miss some step where he said to save this as "Metalize" or something? Re-read. Nope. Are you sure, your eyes are tired. Look again. Nope. I guess not. OK, do I have the right version of PDN (maybe it doesn't exist anymore in this version or something - dunno). I'll go Google "Paint.net Metalize". Oh look! It's a Plugin!! WOW!! HOORAY!!! Guess what, I don't have it!!!!!!!!

The heck with this! Poorly written tutorial. Oh wait, didn't he say previously he "didn't miss a step" or something of that sort?

Sorry, I had to air this complaint. 5 months: Lucky I didn't fill this with a ton of 4-letter words!

Relax. The detail was in post #17 where 'Metalize' was linked to. To be honest I'm not sure you need both steps 21 and 22.

Just to defuse the situation I'll edit the tutorial for you to include the link.

Thank you for your help, I'm sure others will appreciate the ability to go immediately through the tutorial vs reading 30+ responses (or at a minimum, 17) before jumping into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my try at this tutorial. 10/10* Best tutorial so far

the_sf_by_thesuperfantti-d4iwvum.jpg

This was a great tutorial.

For me it took a lot of time because i just started using Paint.NET.

Edited by The superfantti
  • Upvote 1
lambo_paint_net_by_thesuperfantti-d4siz52.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all membres

I'm so sorry for this long absent and for the images deleted of this TUT

But it's not a problem i will re-upload all images of this tut soon -inchallah-

My cheers <3

fekrh-com273385d7fe.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice tute, thanks. Here is my try.

242logo.png

<edit> Before asking, it is the abbreviation of a music group called Front 242.

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png