Skullbonz Art Gallery - May, 5th- Train Set and more

skullbonz

Aw Skullbonz, that is NOT a CHEAT! :D 

PDN is an IMAGE editor. You are using it for the intended purpose. I think it is great. I do know that some great artist here have scanned images & used those to great effect. It is only cheating if you say that it is 100% PDN. I forget all the time to say that this bit is actually text, & this bit (like the angels in some of my sigs & FB Cover) are stock images. Those images take time & skill to manipulate too & nothing should be taken away from the artist for that.

Anyone that chooses to recreate a texture in PDN, my hat is off to you too. Horses for courses. I too have been taking photos for the same purpose. Must start actually using them. I have found the wonderful world of macro photography but I am less than an absolute beginner :D

I am please to see that you are using the tutes for a wider application. I actually did that with Helen's Galaxy tute so the pay back goes to her too! :D So wonderful to share :D t4620.gift4620.gif

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I get the feeling you like space 0511-1105-0614-4303.jpg and your results are convincing - they look so real.  The globe is very impressive and I can't wait for the thumb to work (It's hanging - but I'll try later) and I really enjoyed reading how you did these.  Thanks for explaining - you have that nack for trying stuff that is beyond me.  Great work :smile: .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you everyone.   ;)

I guess i never really thought of it like that barbieq25 and Welshblue. This program is amazing as a picture editor,I have done some real cool things with family pictures. But I do try not to use any copyrighted material,mostly my own pictures. You really can't have enough textures to play with,lol,I think about that every time I use my camera,even on vacations. And a tip barbie,don't ever use the flash for pictures you are going to use as textures,it will leave a light ball that is impossible to use. 

Thanks blackpenny.

nanettealsop,yes I do have a magnetism to space pictures,lol. I love making them and always try to make them better and more realistic looking. Although they are looking pretty good so far,I still have a ways to go. We are kind of limited for that in pdn so sometimes i use something else for parts of it. Don't think any of it is beyond you,all you have to do is have patience,read as much as you can find on the subject and leap into it. You can't learn if you don't try. I do have to admit though that there are so many types of art out there it is almost impossible to learn how to do all of them well.  I have a problem with cartoon type drawing,I can't do it,lol. It may be because I never watched cartoons growing up,big family and I was always outvoted so I would go outside or to my room. 

Anyway I think it was Yellowman who posted a picture once he made with terragen and pdn that peaked my interest. Terragen is a bit pricey but they have a limited free version that works for making mountains to use in PDN. I can also make whole scenes,but the number of objects are limited. PDN is 2D art where as terragen is 3D art,hard to mix the two.   I didn't use PDN for anything in these thumbs but I wanted to show you all what I do in my spare time,lol.

th_467-f1-b.png    th_469-f1-b.png

Oh and i almost forgot,lol,I added a couple in Art in the gallery.      http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery-update-january-15th2013-update/?p=349670

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Wow. These are simply breathtaking. I love the landscapes. Beautiful moon color, too! Oh, and the clouds are lovely, as well. The color blends you made in PDN resemble a face. Ooh...I like marbles especially rainbow-colored ones. When I was younger, my siblings and I would like marbles on the floor and try to hit one from a distance using another marble. The person with the most wins.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you everyone. The marble even freaked me out,specially when I got that light blue glow on the bottom. I was playing with making a white ball on a white background but so you can see the difference. One way was to add color and I was previously playing with tie die coloring so i gave it a try,a couple layers different directions and blended together and overlayed on the white ball made with shape 3 D. I really liked how it looked but it needed something so I took a spare color layer,ran it through radial blur deluxe,tipped it to the right angle under the ball and then adjusted the transparency so that it looks like the ball has wet ink and has rubbed off. I really want to make some cat's eye marbles though and I try some from time to time,no good ones yet,keep an eye out for one of those,lol. 

I just added my first ever fruit,lol,and had to add chocolate.  ;)  It's kind of crude but a start. The strawberry took my a while but the chocolate took hours,with multiple plugins and layers but I kind of like how it came out. And yes,Clipwarp was one of them,lol. 

http://forums.getpai...pdate/?p=349670

Oh almost forgot,added something at the top of the gallery.  :)

That signature up on your Gallery front is truly spectacular!  Also the globe - now that's something!  Imagine if it was an eye ..... the texture would be perfect for it.  The star is a nice result and the strawberry ..... well, it really is asking to be gobbled up :P .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I got so carried away with the strawberry that I didn't even mention the larger version of the sig. Now we can see it in its glory. It really is lovely. The shine is just fabulous. Thanks for posting up the larger version for us to enjoy :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Wow,I just stopped in to change the gallery header and already 5 comments,Thank you all.  ;)  It looks like almost everyone likes strawberries and chocolate,lol,my mouth was watering when I made it so i couldn't make it look anymore real, to save my monitor.  I didn't like the one star and wanted to do something different,plus add the word gallery. Since I have been playing with shadows and reflections and have this unexplanable sudden love for white,I made something a little different,lol. 

I like it a lot! If you think that maybe it is a bit bright you can turn down the trail layer with the brightness/contrast just a tad & run a little gaussian blur or even smooth on it, to make it recede to the back a bit. That way it won't fight with the stars. (so they remain the star of the show) - couldn't help it  :P

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

lol,Glad to see the humor is rubbing off,heh,heh. :)   I think it looks ok now that I look at it with everything else so I guess I'll leave it for now. I didn't want to flood RedOchre's plugin thread with clipwarp pics and have a new one that I am pleased with so I just added it to the gallery,my version of a stargate,lol. I also made one of the sun because it is -4 F here today and needed something to warm me up,lol.  Enjoy!  ;)

Hey, nice work on the sun - not what I thought it would be but it most certainly is hot. A great image!

I just love the glass star. The gold edge is a lovely touch. Imagine this on the top of a Christmas tree. 

On the humour, it's good to know I am in such great company :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thank you Welshblue and Barbie I am having lots of fun with pdn,now if only I could make some money with it,lol. 

I just added a few more globes and space pictures. One is crying out to be called the Daisy Nebula but I'll let Helen decide,lol.  ;)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery-update-january-29th2013-update/?p=349670

By golly! The orbs are fantastic! Imagine if we could travel using one! The blooming nebula with such fun colors are incredible (I think you named it "94-c"). The scene with the small clouds that look like a chem trail is beautiful--having the two planets on both sides are balancing the image quite well.

The next piece is magical. Reminds me of when you blow bubbles through the wand, those are the colors that are created (96-b-1). For some reason, it seems to be moving. The first word that I came to my mind was, "Iridescence." 

I always wondered how an aurora borealis looked like in space. I think you depicted how it looks like quite well in your last space scene with the satellite (spaceship?). 

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank You,Thank You,Thank You. :)

Ever since Helen said something about naming pictures I have noticed that almost everyone names them,lol. I guess I really never paid that much attention because I think more numerically about files and names would mess up my filing system,lol. So in these four new ones I thought up some names,the first thing that popped in my head,lol.  The first one I call the Tarragon seaport on Seti Draxius which is some photo manipulation and PDN. I really like how this one came out,let your imagination go wild. Then we have three art,first is Butterfly Mania made from a couple of projects combined together and blended. Now this next one is the fossilized remains of the Dinghas Battius,lol,which has evolved into the Ding Bat,lol. The third one I call The Evil Eye because it looked evil to me,lol.  How did I do Helen?     :D

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery-update-february-3rd2013-update/page-1

P.S. I finished a fourth and tucked it in after the Teragon seaport,lol. It's called The Asteroid belt of Dragons Breath.  ;)

Edited by skullbonz