Skullbonz Art Gallery - May, 5th- Train Set and more

skullbonz

Thank you very much. :) I just added another picture to the space section that is the same as another one except I added two WW2 airplanes in it,lol. Would this be considered space punk? lol ;)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

And it's all your fault Barbie,lol,my first successful tutorial was your's on making jewels. Now I can't stop,lol,I think I'm out of control,lol,I'm addicted to PDN. ;) Thanks :)

Also check out my newest addition to space,today 9/30/11. I have found something real cool to make planets out of. Pictures I take of rocks for textures,lol. With a little effects they look almost real. :)

Edited by skullbonz

Just added 4 more space pictures. Cool looking planets made from pics of rocks in the yard using adjustments and effects with the 3D shape plugin. I stumbled on this trick using pics of rocks when trying one as an overlay,but it works very well. Go take some pictures of some rocks and try it,you'll love it. ;)

I like your new space ones but for some reason not overly fond of the purple one or at least the purple part of that one. It kinda creeps me which is probably a good thing in space art, yeah?

I really love your works. Such a different take on things. Happy this time to be the blame for something but honestly just passing it forward. I got help in the early days from great folk here & on Fans.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 1 month later...

Thanks mountnman. I just added a bunch more to the Art section and a few cool ones to the Space section. There should be something for everyone in this bunch,lol,enjoy. ;)

The buildings are so stunning! Wow! The colors look great on the windows. And by the way, I like the face that looks like fire and the works right next to it are awesome. The purple one with the water reflection is dreamy.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you both. :) If you like those you're gonna love these last two,well maybe the last one(my favorite). Remember all the planets are from pictures of rocks in my backyard and paint.net,lol. ;)

Skullbonz, I am lost here...having a hard time working out which are the new ones. Would you mind terribly adding these to the post that lets us know you have new works as well as adding them to the first page? Our date system in Australia is different & my internet connection is almost dial up speed. Many thanks in advance :D

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Funny you said that barbie,I was just thinking of cleaning out some of the older pictures. I would like to save the best ones in folders but don't know how to do that. Then I would just show the new ones until I make other new ones,then move them to the folder. It would use much less space and most of the pictures can still be seen. Plus it would be easier to view them. I might be calling it the wrong name,it might be a subgallery or something,but others do it so I know it can be done,lol,just don't know how.

I thought the only place we could put our pictures in our galleries was on the first page. Can we put them in our update post instead?

Here they are,lol;

th_130-a.png My favorite--> th_131-a.png

Edited by skullbonz

You can edit the first post & always put the newest work at the top. Later you can then put them into categories. You also have the option of using the hide tags for the older works. To Hide text or images:

[hide**]

this text or image will be hidden until Show is clicked - asterisks need to be left out, they are so that the hide tag code can be seen

[/hide**]

I will do it here so you can see how it works.

I really like.

I love for the texture & colour.

I've taken to putting the image in the last post & the first, so that people don't have t go searching :D

If I can help you further please let me know.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Barbie,your help is always appreciated greatly. I took your advice and changed my first post so new pics are on the top. I will also add a hiden link in these update post's if that is ok with the mods just to make it easier for people to see them. Being that it has been almost a year since I found PDN I added a new opening statement on my first post. I hope that I am improving since then,lol.

Here are a few hidden links;

Hidden Content:
th_132-a.png th_134-a.png th_135-a.png

Skullbonz, great news about the job! I am happy for you.

I think you have improved a lot. The time we take to create art whether we later bin it doesn't matter. For me the creative process is more vital & pleasurable than the outcome.

The spaceship in your new ones is adorable - I love the green glow. You have some really amazing textures in the space images, esp the centre small one on 134. I love what you did with the red one - hot stuff :lol:

I am glad that I could help you out. It is my pleasure to see you grow & learn, my friend.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 1 month later...

I finally got some time to play with pdn. With the holidays and this going back to work thing I have had no time to play but now that things are slowing down a bit I can play again. Here are a few space pics I made recently,lol. Most of the planets are made from pictures I took of things like rocks,snow banks,snow on ice,snow on road,dirt,sky and whatever else looked like it would make a good planet,lol. Then I used pdn to add colors and effects before shape 3Ding it. My two favorites in this batch are 143 and 145. In 145 I like how the two ringed planet came out and in 143 it makes me feel bad for the robot,lol. I hope you all enjoy how the new way is coming out,I am just scratching the surface of possibilities by using texture pictures for planets. Try it,you might like it. ;)

Edited by skullbonz

An amazing array of new works! I just adore the robot one. The dual rings are pretty cool. Great choice of colour B)

In image 140 someone must be getting a huge storm.

EDIT: forgot to tell you that I love the textures of the discs. Very cool!

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back again,but in a limited state,lol. My newer windows 7 machine is broke right now. I have been having blue screen problems for a couple months and it finally quit. I tried all the normal steps and now it is down to the ram or the motherboard. I am praying it is not the motherboard. Next time I am building my own,the ones they sell to the general public, all built, are junk. The tip off should be when they ask you if you would like to purchase the extended waranty program. Put it back on the shelf!!! They try to sell you those because they know it will break after the first year. I almost get the feeling the manufacturers program something in them,but I could be just having paranoid dilusions,lol. Anyway for now I am not down and out,I'm back with an older 1.8g cpu windows xp machine. I couldn't download some of the plugins because of the machine's limits,lol,but I got enough to play and relieve my withdrawals. Thank you for letting it still work on XP,you saved someone's life. ;)

Oh ya,,I did manage to save all my pics and pdn files before she died on an external. Save,save,save!! Where have I heard that before? Hmmmmm.

Here is a link to the 1st page;

http://forums.getpai...12/#entry349670

Edited by skullbonz

Shame on the sickly machine. While the speed is missed, thankfully PDN doesn't really have limits (yet) based on graphics cards etc. Some nice impressions. I like #9 and #1 the most right now. The feel of a windstorm and titalwave combination made me have to stop and ponder it a while.

Gallery at PDN-Fans