What is Paint.NET's most powerful feature?

What do you think is Paint.NET's most powerful capability(I mean the core program; not plug-ins)? I'd have to say layers and gradient, but what do you think?

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

Oh it has to be layers for sure. The ability to do gradiants is good one. But I have to agree with BoltBait plugins make this an awesome program.

The feature I'd like improved the most would be lines. just a few more nubs would be nice. but most of the ones doing any drawing have workarounds, that produce excellent results.

over all I'd say its a great program the only limitation is what you don't try. Might not be one button push and voila its done but you will learn more about art by actually having to think things thru and work with what is here.

ciao OMA

The mind of Rick Brewster :wink:

@jerry533482 this is a roadmap for the changes to Paint.net over the years. You may find it interesting. here is the link I'm really sure you will enjoy this.

http://www.getpaint.net/roadmap.html

a lot of hard work and thought has gone into the making of this program over the years (2004 to today)

I think layers was here from the beginning, but has been much improved since the start. definetly we had layers as far back as 2006 as mentioned by Rick in this old interview. http://www.betanews.com/article/Intervi ... 1141071978

I joined here in 2007 and it is a far superior program since then. If it improves even by 1/10 in the next few years it is still a wonderful time enjoyment to use.

@jerry533482 this is a roadmap for the changes to Paint.net over the years. You may find it interesting. here is the link I'm really sure you will enjoy this.

http://www.getpaint.net/roadmap.html

I think jerry gets the award for the forum member who has had the roadmap link given to him the most times.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

yep! agree pyrochild. (little boy that cried wolf syndrom) soon no one will bother to answer.

too bad because that link to the roadmap is great reading about the twists and turns this program has taken. It might give newbies some real knowledge about just how much work went into those old wow! images.

and how much our plugin guys have contributed.

ciao OMA