Sign in to follow this  
silverhammer

Isolate Lineart

This is my first plugin and though it's pretty basic (and might have been done before), I think it's useful. Essentially it takes a black and white image and converts it to a "black and transparent" image. The whole point is that if you have a sketch, applying this plugin will make all of the white parts transparent so that you can color it, add a background, whatever.

image1.png

image2.png

Download the zipped DLL >> Isolate Lineart

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Rehosted images & link to DLL

Perhaps that other plugin could achieve the same affect, though you'd have to tinker with a bunch of options first. I guess if you want something simple then mine is more streamlined to use.

I put it in adjustments because my plugin is essentially a "Black and Transparent" plugin so I think it makes sense to put it in the same menu as the "Black and White" adjustment.

I meant to tell you that I've been using this plug in quite a bit lately and its great. No fiddling to get my line art up on the screen any longer.

thanks for the plugin.

ciao

OMA

I meant to tell you that I've been using this plug in quite a bit lately and its great. No fiddling to get my line art up on the screen any longer.

thanks for the plugin.

ciao

OMA

i came across this ages ago but forgot to download it. This will come in perfect for the majority of my pieces. Thankyou :D

Is it possible to add color to the image in different areas after using the plugin?

Of course, that's what Paint.NET is for. However that is not the function of the plugin.

Is it possible to add color to the image in different areas after using the plugin?

Of course, that's what Paint.NET is for. However that is not the function of the plugin.

I know you can but when I try to it only fills with one color. I was wondering if you could add color to different parts as in coloring the image. If it matters I'm trying to color a picture that I drew.

I'm actually trying to make a new version of this plugin currently. The problem is that I currently only know how to use Code Lab and I need to use HSL values, which Code Lab can't access directly to my knowledge.

Can anyone help me out here?

To access HSV colors do something like this:

void Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)
{
   // Delete any of these lines you don't need
   Rectangle selection = this.EnvironmentParameters.GetSelection(src.Bounds).GetBoundsInt();
   long CenterX = (long)(((selection.Right - selection.Left) / 2)+selection.Left);
   long CenterY = (long)(((selection.Bottom - selection.Top) / 2)+selection.Top);
   ColorBgra PrimaryColor = (ColorBgra)EnvironmentParameters.PrimaryColor;
   ColorBgra SecondaryColor = (ColorBgra)EnvironmentParameters.SecondaryColor;
   int BrushWidth = (int)EnvironmentParameters.BrushWidth;

ColorBgra CurrentPixel;
   for (int y = rect.Top; y < rect.Bottom; y++)
   {
       for (int x = rect.Left; x < rect.Right; x++)
       {
           CurrentPixel = src[x,y];
           Color col = CurrentPixel.ToColor();     // These are the important lines!
           HsvColor hsv = HsvColor.FromColor(col); //
           dst[x,y] = CurrentPixel;
       }
   }
}

Color col = CurrentPixel.ToColor();                  // These are the important lines!
           HsvColor hsv = HsvColor.FromColor(col); //

This is just about the best plugin I've ever seen! I have an entire folder devoted to lineart I get from Deviantart to use in PdN as a digital colouring book for my little sister (and occasionally myself) when I babysit her. She's always getting frustrated when there are little white specks around the edges because they make the background white. I cannot tell you how much of a lifesaver this is! This should also come in real handy when it comes to importing my own lineart.

Huzzah for Silverhammer!

-Katastrophies :-D

capedstg7.png

Hello, I'm new to this...

I have downloaded the plugin and followed the steps above... but I don;t know what to do from here, and I can't find anything in the tutorials on "coloring a sketch". How would you add color to the above picture from this point?

Thanks

Press F1 in Paint.net to access the online help files. Look specifically for the Drawing tools & Fill tools under the Tools Window.