Closed

Lance McKnight

Actually, Goon, I had backed those up months ago when I made the portable PDN. I got tired of having to wait for the desktop to open up for me, so my wife had a laptop loaned from her university, and I was able to work on PDN from the jump disk (although it's slow and cumbersome). I didn't want to have no access to my PDN files, so they were copied to the jump disk for that purpose, and to also upload images to Photobucket.

All I know is one morning while I was browsing the forum, I noticed my folder on the desktop was gone, and I don't usually delete things accidentally. I have no other explanation for it's disappearance, but I have decided to keep all the files on the jump disk and just regularly back them up.

Now, I got to defrag the hard drive, and going on my to do list is buying new RAM. I only have 256 MB of RAM. That's why it takes so long for some of my image to render. :roll:

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

stop spamming people with your gallery. storm's is better than yours anyway. nice gallery storm, i love your recent additions.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Update Announcement: an all new Choascope render and Coat of Arm art added. I feel this is my best piece so far, and I am loving this image so much I'm going to resize it as an avatar. 8) I know the bottom portion of the shield is jagged, but feather doesn't work for it. Enjoy the image.

@Welshblue... :lol: Well, nobody on either side of the Atlantic seem to be doing Coat of Arms unless it's for the family crest or the military. Thanks, man!

@Minoeman... :P Hey good to hear from you! I haven't seen you by my gallery in a while...thanks for your comment!

@cazaron...I got to get used to typing your username...very unique and don't think I have ever heard of it before...thanks again for your kind comment. :D

:lol: "Superbously fantastic?" Thanks, and that means a lot coming from the Queen of Glossies.

@Goon, I almost forgot about you... :oops: Thanks for your feedback, and I will probably redo the text. It was actually the first time I have successfully got the text to curve along the bottom of the shield. Took me several minutes to figure it out...all I did was rotate the selection to 15 degree, ran Oblique plugin, and then ran the Rectangluar to Polar transformation plugin. And then...presto!

:lol: "Superbously fantastic?" Thanks, and that means a lot coming from the Queen of Glossies.

@Goon, I almost forgot about you... :oops: Thanks for your feedback, and I will probably redo the text. It was actually the first time I have successfully got the text to curve along the bottom of the shield. Took me several minutes to figure it out...all I did was rotate the selection to 15 degree, ran Oblique plugin, and then ran the Rectangluar to Polar transformation plugin. And then...presto!

No worries. Age catching up with you maybe? :lol:

Now that`s a good idea for curved text . I`ll have to try that out myself. :D

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Updated my Coat of Arm piece as Goon pointed out the text was probably difficult to read. Note: this edition took place with the 3.5 alpha release 3429 without a hitch. Good job Rick!

Also updated my sig and added a new avatar. Comment on those would be appreciated. I'm not loving the text in my sig.

@Goon, thanks, and glad I have your "stamp" of approval on it.

@Yellowman, thanks for your comment. After a second look at my sig, I agree with you that the text is a trifle too large for the sig, so I'll redo it later on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all, enjoy your Memorial Day, and remember to honor those who laid down their lives for the freedom we all enjoy as an American.