Closed

Lance McKnight

To make life easier for you, I think that you should keep the top of the sword a darker gray, but make the blade of the sword a whitish and shiny (very shiny). You can keep the wings the way they are, but add some "shine" to it. That way, it will look professional, simple, and shiny. :P

I'll keep that in mind when I rework the art. I searched all over the PS tuts for a realistic sword, and they look like [expletive]. I might download a brush pack from DA that contain a sword, and trace over it. We'll see.

i agree with helen. the concept is great but i think the sword should be longer,sharper, better (i am listening to daft punk so... )

I agree with you on the sword. Maybe I'll make it a bit broad too. Listening to daft punk, eh? I'm more a Classical music guy.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

That was just my idea. I sketched the highlights in five minutes, so it looks it. I think that you should make it shinier to make it look like metal or something. But don't get wrong, I like the way it looks without anything. :wink:

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I`m sorry but I think the lightning looks out of place compared to the rest of the image, but that`s just me .

I think something like a coat of arms would be better suited to the wings and sword. Just an idea.

Stole the words right from my mouth....

We should all be... Alive...

40945_1368895504325_1289821857_30902863_6462857_n.jpg

|Lightning|My Dome|Pokemon sig tut|

Maybe something like this?

sword.png

I think Welshblue wanted you to add some more shadows and highlights in your image.

- Helen, I like your attempt, but I was turned off by the reflection on the right side of the len. I used....Expiration's tut (I think) to make the lightning lens. And the sword still look like bloody potato, but I realize you copied/pasted my artwork into your PDN program and messed with it.

- Goonie, you are right the lightning looked out of place.

Be patient, my fellow PDNers, I will be working on this particular project. At the moment, I am at my in-laws, they don't have PDN, and I didn't bring my flash disk.

Elaboration ... on your image where you've got that flat yellow ring, I think it would look better if the border around your glass dome had some more depth eg. the second image in buzzkill's tutorial ... especially if you make the sword something like the link oma sent you :?:

But just my opinion :wink:

Thanks...I will be working on the sword. I had been giving it some thought, and maybe to make it easier, I would make the sword in a separate image, copy the "final" piece (while making sure I can undo the flatten) into the image, and bam, I will have a masterpiece.

I hope.... :roll:

I haven't had a :shock: from anybody yet, but I know it's coming.

Thanks for stopping by. Comments/criticism welcomed.

Hidden Content:
WingsSword.png

I don't have anything to say. Good job :)

A suggestion what i would put in the background is: Fire :)

*mulls* Hmm....fiery background.... *muttering to himself*

Well, that's an interesting idea.

I`m sorry but I think the lightning looks out of place compared to the rest of the image, but that`s just me .

I think something like a coat of arms would be better suited to the wings and sword. Just an idea.

Stole the words right from my mouth....

Coat of arms???? Now, there's an interesting idea. Minoeman, don't you hate it when people steal the words from your mouth? :lol:

*bumps*

After a lot of thoughts and sweats, I decided to hammer out two different versions of the Wings&Sword pic. As you might had noticed, the sword is absent, but don't fret or scream, "What are you thinking, Stormy?!?" I will work on the sword. I may have to work on it in a separate image file.

With both having a fiery background as Minoeman have suggested, I experimented with a method of having a duplicate background layer with one catch, the flame is applied in the same seal as the lightning is.

Comments, folks?

*cues music*

first version!

is my fav.

ciao OMA

I agree. I like the first one. I guess the color inside the circle makes it stand out more. Hurry up and finish it!!!! :P:P
Yup . The first one is definitely better. Much nicer lightning.

Based on the survey of 3 people thus far, the 1st version have the "ayes." All righty, folks, thank you very much for taking part of Storm.Shadow's Unofficial Survey. You will receive $1,000 fake dollars in the mail this week.

I am almost at the finish line, folk. A wise word from one of my former boss, "Consider the turtle...it cannot make any progress until it sticks its neck out."

Can I have £1000 fake pounds instead ? Can`t use dollars here. :lol:

Sorry, those fake dollars are as worthless as Elizabeth Taylor's eighth marriage.

I'll go with the opinions about the 1st one being better with the fire inside, (but maybe decrease the amount of 'fire' around the whole thing ? )

Ironically, the fire is set on either Glow or Overlay with opacity set around 146. Hmm.....

*bump*

I have finally created a sword. I know it is far from perfect, but I posted this so I could get feedback on how to improve it.

I am a few mouse clicks from downloading a brush pack that contain sword graphic so I don't have to have to constantly create one. I had a hard time finding a decent PS tut on how to make a quality one. The ones I have seen are just crappy or poorly written and leaving me scratching my head.

sword try this 800 x 600 white canvas. use 3d shape sphere leave everything as is except the second box

where it says horizontal radius 0.030 nice long sword blade.

handle check how yellow man explained about making the vases in the pictorium realistic images. like a fat vase. the little sphere on the top is great. love the glossy. maybe a gemstone in that sphere (Ash did a great tut)

and that curved hand guard. 3d 1/2 sphere. you will need to play around with the x,y,z one of them gives a nice curve.

:wink:

With both having a fiery background as Minoeman have suggested, I experimented with a method of having a duplicate background layer with one catch, the flame is applied in the same seal as the lightning is.

Wait a minute... I didn't suggest that...

We should all be... Alive...

40945_1368895504325_1289821857_30902863_6462857_n.jpg

|Lightning|My Dome|Pokemon sig tut|

sword try this 800 x 600 white canvas. use 3d shape sphere leave everything as is except the second box

handle check how yellow man explained about making the vases in the pictorium realistic images. like a fat vase. the little sphere on the top is great. love the glossy. maybe a gemstone in that sphere (Ash did a great tut)

and that curved hand guard. 3d 1/2 sphere. you will need to play around with the x,y,z one of them gives a nice curve.

Funny thing...I was thinking about making a gem stone, but not by Ash. His tutorials leave me with too many questions and I don't like that. I'll give 3D shape a whirl.

:oops: I know....it was..

AmadeusX, if you happen to stroll by this gallery, please accept my humblest apologize for not recognizing it was your suggestion. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Minoeman, I am going to assume this time that you think it would look better as a coat of arm, like Goonie thought?

Hidden Content:

Funny thing...I was thinking about making a gem stone, but not by Ash. His tutorials leave me with too many questions and I don't like that. I'll give 3D shape a whirl.

:oops: I know....it was..

AmadeusX, if you happen to stroll by this gallery, please accept my humblest apologize for not recognizing it was your suggestion. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Minoeman, I am going to assume this time that you think it would look better as a coat of arm, like Goonie thought?

No problems here mate ;)

U2l6xrt.png