Closed

Lance McKnight

Update Announcement:

I added a new artwork that I started a few weeks but put it aside due to life getting in the way, but I am sure you know how it goes sometime. It is not completed, but when it does, I will added the finished product.

________________________________________________________________________________

@Goon, thanks for the vote of confidence. In fact, I have a mock up of it on my file, but it will need a lot of fine tuning before it is ready for the flesh part.

@Raptor, thank you for your comment, and be sure to look into your gallery for my feedback.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Nice clouds, although they do need some work to blend them in more. You can see the straight edge where the brush finishes. I do like the idea of the bubble floating on the cloud tops though. Very good. :wink:

True, I did see the edge where the brushes weren't as smooth. I tried to gaussian blur it, but it made the cloud disappear. I might try the edge blur, and if that fails, then alpha masking it should do the trick. That piece isn't finished yet, but I planned to add a mountain range underneath the cloud.

Loving the cloud image, it is soothing ... like you want to lay down to see if those clouds feel as fluffy as they look

Thanks, WB. In fact, this piece was a response to your challenge earlier in the thread.

The Cloud one is on the track to looking stunning. There are only a few things I have to point out though it's cropped in places so try to make it look more realistic once you get the time. Good job otherwise.

Yep, like I said to Goon, it's something I can fix. It should be simple to do.

I used the one you incorporated in your sig. Gosh, I love it!

I haven't realized that you added the cloud image. It's so beautiful!!! :shock:

Thanks Helen. :D Like I said to the other PDNers, the cloud image isn't finished.

nice work I love that cloud wallpaper its really nice and soothing looking.

the perspective drawing is really good as well. you did a great job translating that tut over from adobe illustrator.

ciao OMA

Thank you Oma. It is always a pleasure to hear from you.

• 1 month later...

I had been over a month since I have posted a reply in this gallery.

New image added, something I dubbed "Diamond," and it was rendered with Chaoscope. Thanks to CommanderSozo for encouraging me to try out the program. I absolutely love it!

I have several ideas I want to work on, so I'll try and get to them, but no promises.

I didn't mean to double-post. My apologizes to the mods.

Added another piece that was again rendered with Chaoscope. This come came by pure randomness and when I saw the image, I was struck at how it looked so much like a butterfly wing. Then I edited it in PDN, copied the original image, and flipped it to the right. Lo and behold! A new piece I call Butterfly.

Helen, Oma, Goonfella, and Welshblue, thank you all for being faithful followers of my gallery. Without your words of encouragement, I would had left the forum a long time ago. So, thank you all for your encouragements.

I haven't been working on any of my PDN activity because of life and lack of motivation. And one morning, I went down to check my PDN responsess, and noticed that my folder containing all of my artwork disappeared. That's right, all the work I saved in the native PDN format, were gone. :cry: I'm hoping that one of my jump drive have the folder containing all the originals, but I doubt it.

? where would it have gone? check the trash bin. I'm notorious for sending things there. next step after that is I usually use search for anything *.pdn my hands are a bit shaky at times and I have been known to hold the mouse down and drag a file into the wrong directory.

here's hoping you find those pdn's and don't have gremlins in the putor. !

ciao OMA

Ah, I found all the originals. Thankfully, I had the sense to back-up all of my original and published files. It's safely stored on a jump drive. All I will need to do is copy them to my desktop...or just leave them on the jump drive, back up all the new files to the jump drive, and leave the space on the hard drive for future creations.

*sigh of relief* As for the trash bin, well, if there were any in there, they're all gone. No worries.