Closed

Lance McKnight

New image added: The first item is a glass ball distorting a rose photograph I took several months ago. The second one is a glass block in which I was attempting to refract the Chaoscope render. Thanks to Ash's displacement tip and the Glass Text tutorial which helped me finally understand the power of Alpha Displacement Plugin.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

You're getting real good with glass. This is amazing! :shock: :shock: I like how the rose looks "distorted" right under the glass orb; it's really clever! I think that you're getting better and better. Nice job once again!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I really like how the shadow right at the bottom of the ball makes it stand out from the background. How'd you do the background? The colors are gorgeous. Really nice!

Thank you Helen! :mrgreen: The background was made using these techniques from this tutorial that is unfortunately locked. I did it slightly different from the original tutorial. I used Add Noise, White-to-Transparent gradient to make lighting effect, and most importantly, Power Stretch. I had to use Power Stretch 3 times on three different parts of the background. It was originally a black-white cloud rendered, but then I decided to add my favorite color, green, by color tinting it. Liked how it turned out.

Very nice, i love the new pieces!

Thank you nemo! Which ones did you liked the best?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.