Closed

Lance McKnight

It looks really good so far. I bet it'll be a masterpiece just like your other images. :)

Don't know about it being a masterpiece just yet.

try to use less and longer gradients for the wings and use some gradients for the helmet too.

I had been thinking about the wings all day. I have decided I hate the chrome. Going to trash the wings and redo it from scratch. Thanks for your tip though.

Looking good. Maybe round off some of the edges to make it less `severe'. Know what I mean? I do anyway! :lol:

Round off what edges, the wings or the shield? Like I said to Boude, I think I'm going to scrap the shield and redo it. For one, I don't like the shape of it, and two, I don't like chrome. I prefer to have a flat looking artwork, especially when coat of arms is concerned, and most (emphasis most) coat of arms are very flat for printing purpose.

With that said, I'm going to redo it. I'm keeping the helmet though cuz I like it.

-----------

Why do I sense Welshblue's lurking?

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Don't scrap the chrome, mate ...

th_storm.png

I just don't like chrome. Usually I would use chrome, but just don't like it.

don't scrap that!

two words ""more textures" especially the shield rim and the helmet would like to see that become more 3d.

by the way did you draw that helmet? It's wonderful.

:wink:

Did I draw the helmet? Actually, no, I traced over this image: simplyfine.gif. :oops:

Updated the art work. Feedback on the wings please. I don't like it just yet.

You could use the wings on Asterix's helmet, from Asterix and Obelix, yes I know this is a crazy idea, but I do like the wings.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

@Boude....I had to Google Image search to know what the blue blaze you were talking.... :lol: I remember seeing that comic. I never understood how a dumb big viking was so strong.... Good idea. I sort of incorporate that into my new design.

*bump*

Updated the Coat of Arm 2 with lightning and a much improved wings. I'm finally happy with the wings. Now all I gotta do is add a couple more elements, and I'm done.

I have decided to put my Coat of Arm project on hold. That project is driving me batty, and I just need a break. I'm about ready to trash the whole project and go onto other things.

I added a new artwork on the first page. Enjoy.

I like the new ribbon piece ... it's kinda like a sunflower abstract. Nice work mate :wink:

Thanks mate. I keep noticing the edge are jaggy. I have run Antialias and feather many times. :(

It kind of reminds me of an eyeball. Like really close up. It's pretty cool. 8)

You know what Helen, when I stood back and look at the image, you are correct, it does look like an eyeball extremely up close.

^ Thanks pal, it's coming along nicely, just one more item to add, and I'm done with it.

---------------------------

Update: Added a Rainbow Orb. Mostly made with coverted PS brushes and heavy use of conditional hue/saturation. Enjoy.

Created my first wallpaper. I hope to create more wallpaper for users to download.

I have also decided to end my project on the new coat of arm. I had enough of that project and wanted to moved on. Right now, I'm experiencing some artist block. :?

Tried to check some tutorials at Good-Tutorials.com and didn't get inspired by them.

Helen, Oma, and Welshblue, thank you all for your kind comments.

I think I should had clarified something....the second image is something I called Rainbow Orb. It was not intended to be a wallpaper but I could remake it as a wallpaper.

I would love to make a space station...does anybody have suggestion on how to proceed to make one? topic>

Thank you for guiding me i'll try to read a little more i just really was to quote "EXCITED" when i found the forum to read i wanted to post my stuff right away.

PDNforumsignature.jpg

Don't mind me i'm slow like a turtle and confused like a drunk in a neighborhood full of apartments that all look the same.

I like the vista looking wallpaper, but I don't like the background, unfortunately I have no idea how you could change it.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.