Closed

Lance McKnight

:shock: by gosh I think you've done it. great job on the glass!

ciao OMA

Thanks...I can only hope that Ash agrees with you.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

New update: two glass blocks image posted. Note that the glass block is the one and same, I simply changed the background to see how the glass block will react to the background. Now, it's not up to Ash's standard of glass... :shock: ...just yet.

Goon and Welsh...thanks for your comment. I got to admit I lost sleep last night thinking about glass block...I am definetely hooked to making glass...only because I haven't yet figured out how Ash has made his so successfully.

I take back everything negative I have said about Ash's tutorials. The 3D Metal chrome tutorial was really what helped me understand the glass distortion effect, and reading several times some of his hints. I used to complain that Ash don't share his method very well but I now see why he push us to think outside the box. I humbly repent.

Thank you, Skitzo, for stopping by and commenting. Practice, practice, and more practice. Those are the words of the great Oma that she learned from Ash himself.

I haven't posted anything new in awhile... :? But patience, I'm working on another glass piece.

Thank you, Skitzo, for stopping by and commenting. Practice, practice, and more practice. Those are the words of the great Oma that she learned from Ash himself.

I haven't posted anything new in awhile... :? But patience, I'm working on another glass piece.

:lol:

lookin forward to that new piece.

How comes l haven't noticed you before? :?

Amazing pieces of art, keep up the good work! :wink:

Because I am a very sneaky and crafty guy. :twisted: Just ask my friend, Welshblue, and he'll tell you a thing or two about me that nobody knows. :lol: Another thing, I was known as Storm.Shadow.

Welcome Lance' ... this must be a record number of posts and pages for a new user :lol:

Then I must had set a Forum Record for the Most Posts/Pages for a noob. :lol:

Now if I can quit posting more than churning out pieces to work, maybe I can make it worthwhile for anybody to visit. :roll:

Because I am a very sneaky and crafty guy. :twisted: Just ask my friend, Welshblue, and he'll tell you a thing or two about me that nobody knows. :lol: Another thing, I was known as Storm.Shadow.

That's why I thought your art was familiar but not the username... :lol:

Thank you, Yellowman, for your constructive feedback. I agreed with you about the background and I changed it. I was merely experimenting to see if the flattened piece would show some of the background, and apparently I had succeed. It has been a fun learning thing for me. Still have ways to go.

Much, much better background on the new piece. All your hard-work and sleepless nights (pacing the floor/ kicking things :P ) have paid off . Love the colours. One small suggestion ... how's about if you put the background on the same angle as the pieces

Pacing the floor? Kicking things? :lol: I got to say you have an imagination, and nope I didn't do those except toss and turns at night. Then go to work so grouchy, I would had made Oscar proud, and people scrambled to get out of my warpath.

Kidding aside, thanks for your fedback. Funny thing you suggested that was what I was trying to do with this particular piece. Great mind think alike, my friend. :wink:

Another 3D glassy puzzle added. Much thanks to Ash for his push to make me think outside the box; thanks to Yellowman, Welshblue, Goonfella, Helen, Oma, and the others who have commented a lot, thank you. It has been a pleasure to learn how to make those glassy pieces and post them for your viewing pleasure. Thank you also for all the constructive feedbacks to improve my skills. It has been a joy even though I may have lost sleeps at time.

Thanks Welshblue and Helen for your comment.

Don't think my glassy obession is over. I plan to do one more glass project and then move on. Ideas are swimming around in my head like goldfish in a pond.

ah, lance. youll always be storm.shadow to me... lol.

anyway. just thought id drop in again and say, well done on the new additions (and the glassy addiction... lol)

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Ooo there all so nice :D. I really like your digital art of the bottle with the blue trying to escape, thats real nice & gave some ideas :wink:

ah, lance. youll always be storm.shadow to me... lol.

anyway. just thought id drop in again and say, well done on the new additions (and the glassy addiction... lol)

Hello, cazaron! I was wondering when you would stop by. :lol: StormShadow? Ha ha! I just decided I needed to change name, and you aren't the only one who is still, ah, stuck with my old username. Ash's glass thing had gotten me hooked to making glass, and I just enjoy the challenge of making them. It's starting to become almost routine.

Ooo there all so nice :D. I really like your digital art of the bottle with the blue trying to escape, thats real nice & gave some ideas :wink:

Thank you, Nemo. Glad it gave you some idea. Yellowman's glass vase tutorial is an excellent place to learn how to make a glassy bottle or whatever else you gleaned from his tutorial. BTW, I'm sure you may know this, in Latin, Nemo means, "nobody."

Way ahead of you Lance :D , i think your right, yellowmans glass vase is really nice, i have a julia fractical one to put up when i managed to find it :lol:. Oh and i sure did get some ideas, a few sparks are flying around at the moment hehe. But nope i didn't know that actually :shock:. I just got my name from my friend who based a character of one of her books on me called "nemos" :P.

Oh and finding nemo is awesome too haha

New glass blocks added. Enjoy!

@Nemo...well, how about that then? In the book, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Nemo was a captain of a submarine that was responsbile for sinking so many ship. Also, there is a story, The Odyssey by Homer where king Odyssey tricked a Cyclop into believing his name was "Nobody," and he plotted with his men to get off the island owned by that Cyclop. He got the Cyclop drunk, and then with a sharpen mast, he drove it into the Cyclop's eye, blinding him. When the king and his men escaped by boat, they heard the Cyclop screaming, "Nobody has stabbed me in the eye!"

:lol: poor cyclopse but i vaguely remember the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea one. Nice new glass blocks :wink: