Closed

Lance McKnight

Thank you for guiding me i'll try to read a little more i just really was to quote "EXCITED" when i found the forum to read i wanted to post my stuff right away.

You are welcome. I was glad to help out because I remember feeling lost when I first got onto this forum, but after a lot of reading and thinking it through, I was able to navigate the "treachery" water of the PDN forum. :lol:

I like the vista looking wallpaper, but I don't like the background, unfortunately I have no idea how you could change it.

Yeah, it could use some work, but hey, it isn't bad for my first time....I think.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Perfect and purely fantastic job on the banner. It's so starry and sweet. I love it! Nice job there. :)

Thank you mucho, Helen.

How'd you do the glowing lines? (Or was that in TopHatslash's tut.)

What I did was set the layer to Glow and then ran Glow under Effect>Photo>Glow.

Goonie speaks! :lol: I haven't heard from you in a while, man! It was my first attempt to create a Vista-like wallpaper. I plan on making some more wallpaper in the near future, but wanted to get some feedback. One said he didn't like the background, and I agree cuz the gradients were breaking up, and there's too much empty space on the left, I agree.

Nice, nice Gallery banner you've got there ... now I'm looking forward to you adding the planets and showing us a spacescape :wink: :P

Man! It's good to hear from you! You were sorely missed from my gallery. I sense a challenge right there, and I will rise accordingly.

^ Nope, it was from another PS tut I tried to follow, but ended up making up my own. Thank you for your kind words Oma.

Okay, folks, do not, I repeat, do not download and load the wallpaper on your desktop. It looks absolutely hideous! I just tried it and the lines are jagged and the background is not smooth! :x Grr! That's the problem with using gradients for me, it's never smooth as glass, always showing the lines transition unless it's my crummy video card.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Welshblue, I have decided to stick around.

I have also reformatted my gallery, took out many of my artworks that I felt were worthless, however, if requests comes, I will add back the artworks that people like the best.

yes you are the only one that's funny on this forum :P . I also have a reguest: I would like to see the vista like wallpaper again, just as an example.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

yes you are the only one that's funny on this forum :P . I also have a reguest: I would like to see the vista like wallpaper again, just as an example.

Added to the main page. I'm surprised somebody would like it, I didn't when I tried it on my desktop, it just look awful with the lines in the gradients. Probably need to be more liberal with the Frost Glass effect to smooth out the gradient.

I'm happy you decided to stay. (I would HATE to see you go!!!)

Thank for your feedback, and same for you Goonfella.

I don't know where I get my sense of humor, but I do know I make too many lame jokes, that's why I won't become a comedian, and just keep my day job. At least I will keep posting bad jokes or odd sense of humors in this forum.

@ Welshblue, done, it's added under Series Photo Manipulation.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If you missed some humor, you didn't missed much though, although I gotta admit, I heard that it's supposed to snow on Tuesday. :shock: Either God has a wonderful sense of humor, or the weather man been drinking one too many hot chocolate that Welshblue made in his gallery. :D:lol:

Added a new artwork. It will be used as my sig as soon as I can figure out how to resize it to show a majority of it.

Thanks, but hmm.. i thought i had commented in your gallery before, but i seems i hadn't. :?

Better late than never i say. ;)

I saw that tut a while ago. Great job doing the vanishing point into your block. The vanishing point is more accurate, but if you want some simple guidelines, then you can just render a grid and use rotate/zoom to to make a guideline floor, then use the grid lines to draw. The vanishing point works better though, especially if you want tall buildings and such. ;)

Now, all you need to do is shade the block, and maybe make a different shape block. :)

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Thank you very much for your tips.

I tried the Grid render and the Rotate/Zoom, but it didn't helped me very much, so I had to do it the other way. I will work on perfecting my skill with the perspective, and most definitely work on shading. I would love to learn how to make a glass transparency with it. That a whole another ball game.

In fact, I have beside me a thick technical drawing book I bought for my CAD class, but I dropped out of the class because I lost motivation to continue my education. Like I had said before, taking that class was great because it awoke something in me, something I never thought I was capable of doing, which is art. PDN is a great tool. I downloaded Inkscape yesterday, and it seem a little more challenging than it appeared.