How to start a fire with Paint.NET

Tom Jackson

I got some nice results!

This ones just the normal 1000x500, close to the one the author did...

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293 ... u/fire.gif

Now....

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293 ... /fire2.png

I used Zoom Blur Delux plugin....

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293 ... /fire3.gif

And the Zoom Delux Plugin + water Plugin...

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293 ... etrans.gif

I like this tut...very nice!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Just great!

Im new to Paint.NET and really love it. Well, ok, it cant import SVG from Inkscape like GIMP, but anyway Im using it now, because its much more sympathic.

• 2 weeks later...

sigfirethingy.png

this is a sig i made with your fire tut....

fire.png

theres my original fire i did....with your tut...lolz

and last but not least...an explosion

explosion.png

siggyagain.png

I first read about Paint.NET in Wikipedia. They also had a link to the Tutorials section. Seeing some of the neat things you could do with little effort is what got me hooked on the program. The fire effect is the first one I've tried out.

I'm not a graphic artist, just someone dabbling in all of this, but I think my first creation turned out pretty well. What do you think?

chapter1imagefireballcrbc0.jpg

It's supposed to represent an object streaking through the clouds, like a meteorite or a sci-fi ship. I guess if I wanted to be really precise, i could have created some kind of fireball in a separate layer and added it to the front of the white streak, but I just wanted to play around with this tutorial for now.

@Dr.K: for your explosion it would be better to have white inside and black outside. So try to horizontally flip the layer before rect to pol conversion.

• 2 weeks later...

hey! love this!!! and......you can create a pretty cool sunset with this!! at least it look like one. ;)

heres a sig i made

regards2.png

and.....heres the sunset!

sun.png

regards3.png

This looks an awful lot like a flame thrower! With some modding that would make a great effect!

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

This looks an awful lot like a flame thrower! With some modding that would make a great effect!

The flame thrower might be kind of complicated. I created the line using the gradient tool, I think. It's been a while since I did it but I remember that it was pretty easy to do. One of the mods or programmers on the first page of this tutorial suggested playing around with some of the tools.

I'm trying to put together another picture that approximates a savage windstorm. Maybe if I use different colors in the Curves tool.

Hmm the middle of the flame is weird... maybe select that rough part and blur it?

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

its comming outta a double barreled flame-thrower :wink:

looks nice tho... make a shadowy dragon behind it, and the flame can come outta the nostrils :lol:

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN