Reptorian's G'MIC Code Workshop

Reptillian

On 4/1/2019 at 11:37 AM, Reptillian said:

Mosaic filter has arrived. Update via latest gmic to test it. You have to use autocrop on to make it work though. Next filter is PNG glitching.

Latest version of G'Mic installed, checked for updated filters, still showing same amount of filters (516) no sign of Mosaic.

BREtKQW.png

9 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

@DrewDale

516 is the correct amount. Are you looking under Testing -> Reptorian -> Picture Mosaic?

You beat me to it. There's also search box where you can type 'mo' and it'll show up under Testing-> Reptorian.

Special note: Folder cannot contain spaces for it to work and autocrop must be on.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Just now, DrewDale said:

@AndrewDavid & @Reptillian found it thanks, but get an error (see screenshot)  Also when selecting a folder to mosaic my image layer, there is no images in the folder (even though I know there is)

Untitled.jpg

That's something I need to figure out how to fix as I'm new to file loading coding in g'mic. You could remove the offending file, or copy only images into a folder without space, and then use that folder.

G'MIC Filter Developer

5 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

That's something I need to figure out how to fix as I'm new to file loading coding in g'mic. You could remove the offending file, or copy only images into a folder without space, and then use that folder.

Thanks, I will make a new folder and report back :) 

New error and it still thinks the folder is empty ? 

Untitled.png

Edited by DrewDale

BREtKQW.png

Well, I just found an alternative command to input_glob that will fix the import issue by editing a existing command. I'll be testing, and if it pass, I'll patch it up.

EDIT: Never mind, it worked with code local though. So progress on fixing the bug.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

coke_mosaic1.png  coke_mosaic2.png

Wow.  The plugin is easy to use, but your outcome 100% depends on the images you use in the folder.

You could sit and play for hours on the same image, swapping images in and out of the folder.

I couldn't get jpg's to work. It only worked when I used png's.   Thanks @Reptillian!   <3   :)

EDIT:   I created a folder in my 'Downloads' folder and just swapped png's in and out.

I actually used balloons in the 2nd pic and some slightly textured circles in the first one. They look almost like needlepoint!

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 1

@Reptillian  Hi. I'd like to know more about how this plugin works.  The plugin states that you need at least 2 images in the folder to work.

Is there a maximum amount?  I had a red balloon in my images folder and it didn't use it at all.  How does it use the images and know how

many of each image to use?  Why does it not use an image?  Is it the order of images in your file?

If you could explain this to me, I'd appreciate it.  In layman's terms, please.  Don't get too 'mathy' on me.  :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynxster4 said:

@Reptillian  Hi. I'd like to know more about how this plugin works.  The plugin states that you need at least 2 images in the folder to work.

Is there a maximum amount?  I had a red balloon in my images folder and it didn't use it at all.  How does it use the images and know how

many of each image to use?  Why does it not use an image?  Is it the order of images in your file?

If you could explain this to me, I'd appreciate it.  In layman's terms, please.  Don't get too 'mathy' on me.  :lol:

The maximum amount is the maximum your computer can handle theoretically, so you could put 100+ image if you'd like. It use the image based on the average colors per tiles of the target picture. It indexed the backend image, and that's where dithering comes from. So, if it doesn't come close to the average colors, then the image isn't going to be used i.e discarded. Order is not relevant.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

19 minutes ago, doughty said:

Emboss?

Nope. Emboss Relief is done. Difference between G'MIC emboss/relief and PDN versions:

You can specify strength of embossing/relief on g'mic version. From 0% to 5000%. You can change the blending opacity within g'mic relief. Finally, you can smooth the effect within gmic version.

I am doing lego filter.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 2

G'MIC Filter Developer

I think I am going to hold off on g'mic as now I decided to work on Krita now. I'll be back later though.

Besides the known issue with mosaic command, feel free to report bugs or suggests features on my existing features. You may even complain about the filters if you wish or even edit my filters and make a pull request or paste your edit on the .gmic file at %appdata%/gmic. If the edit makes it better in any way, I'll push it with adding credits in my filter.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Since my coding with C++ for Krita isn't working out, I decided to go back and script for G'MIC plugin again.

https://github.com/dtschump/gmic-community/pull/170/files#diff-d7ad42858abd627558d73650ffbacf72

Latest commit for G'MIC. Basically replicates Paint.NET fragment blur, and enables more options than default Paint.NET fragment blur. This is also going to be used for replicating PS Emboss.

-----

EDIT: Inspired by @ReMake , I ended up doing a version of Emboss+ with 9 options for G'MIC. This one is using LAB color space mode, periodic wrap-around, and freeze blending mode.

image.png.7fea3a7d7a63f16cb9b8ea5a034ef5f9.png

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

New commits have been accepted. You may check if my version of Emboss+ is under Testing->Reptorian. It name should be non-convolution edge extraction, but it has a role for glitch art, so I would appreciate better name. If it is not here, check by in a few hours or tomorrow.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

This one gives a very pretty result, also @Reptillian.  Used the same image and applied your non-convolution edge filter.

I chose 'grain extract' for my blending mode.  Very nice!   :)

GMIC_nonconvolutionedge.png

• Like 1

Now working on only adding a filter based off fragment blur since I already made the code for use in the PS Emboss inspired filter. Here's the options I'll put in.

• Color Space
  • Duplicate Count - int (2-100) At 100, it'll be barely noticeable that there's obvious fragment.
  • Distance - float (0 - 200)
  • Angle - float (0-360)
  • Boundary Condition - choice(None, Neumann, Periodic, Mirror)
  • Superimpose w/ Original? bool(0 = Remove original image and do not super impose with original | 1 = Superimpose with Original )
  • Blending Mode

*Note: Blending mode option will be hidden or disabled with superimpose at 0. Color Space would barely change much on normal mode at 50%, but I'd be curious to see how much subtle difference there would be.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

G'MIC Filter Developer