Reptorian's G'MIC Code Workshop

Reptillian

17 minutes ago, Eli said:

This is all I can see. :( 

rpgtiler001-5745857.png

You're supposed to load a tileset. After that, follow instruction. I should have specified that in the instruction, but that'll be for version 3.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

I am away from this forum for undetermined amount of time: If you really need anything related to my PDN plugin or my G'MIC filter within G'MIC plugin, then you can contact me via Paint.NET discord, and mention me.

Just now, Eli said:

There are no tile sets included. Do they have to be downloaded?

Yep, they have to be downloaded. I would have to speak with @G'MIC with adding preset tilesets when the time comes.

G'MIC Filter Developer

I am away from this forum for undetermined amount of time: If you really need anything related to my PDN plugin or my G'MIC filter within G'MIC plugin, then you can contact me via Paint.NET discord, and mention me.

4 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

I would have to speak with @G'MIC with adding preset tilesets when the time comes.

That would be nice. I have never touched RPG before. Is that a particular format like jpg or png? Is there a place from where they can be downloaded? 

1 minute ago, Eli said:

That would be nice. I have never touched RPG before. Is that a particular format like jpg or png? Is there a place from where they can be downloaded? 

There are definitely places to find tileset. For starters, I would recommend working with this tileset - https://opengameart.org/content/classic-rpg-tileset

As you can see, it's a png file. This is the recommended file format.

Note: JPG can be used, but it is distorted and lacks transparency, so I would not use that. PNG is better. Even TIFF could work though I didn't try that.

With that tileset, I made this image using the rpg filter.

ltxftZi.png

G'MIC Filter Developer

Estimation of another update to RPG Tiler will come in 3 days to 4 days. I'm about to finish it for artistic purpose. It'll be version 3. It will support row/column manipulation. So, in theory, you can make a large overworld by then.

Version 4 will be viable for rpg developers as I will provide a way to generate tile datas such as canvas location and tile id in tileset in a multichannel 3d box. Perhaps with tileset location info.

G'MIC Filter Developer

@Eli I am now having a conversation with @G'MIC about adding tileset images to the server. The core cli filter has been updated to version 3 with the option of importing placed tiles, and row/column manipulation tools. I haven't updated the filter from the server side of thing.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

@lynxster4 I just have added the two options. If you note the GUI via 2.9.1 (if not in 2.9.0), you'd see that those 3 options are exclusive to paint.net due to workaround needed.

@Eli I figured out how to import tilesets. So, now you have premade tileset as option for 2.9.1.

Both changes are coming to 2.9.1 if it not here now. Also, please read instruction again once it comes as there is row/column editing mode.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

Picture Mosaic filter has gotten a upgrade, and I finally got around the folder import bug!

For reference: https://github.com/dtschump/gmic-community/commit/bb757b06e433cfe928756ea712b7e74b518bb4c7

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

• 2 weeks later...

I have just added a filter based on this plugin request -

Commit here - https://github.com/dtschump/gmic-community/commit/44bb00a351c9aa0a03c11cf104f3fb4c42d19f22

BgZCNG4.png

@Foxxey : If you have access to G'MIC-QT 2.9.1, you can test your plugin idea with this filter since it is exactly what you want.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

10 hours ago, Reptillian said:

I have just added a filter based on this plugin request -

Commit here - https://github.com/dtschump/gmic-community/commit/44bb00a351c9aa0a03c11cf104f3fb4c42d19f22

BgZCNG4.png

@Foxxey : If you have access to G'MIC-QT 2.9.1, you can test your plugin idea with this filter since it is exactly what you want.

thank you very much!

2 hours ago, Foxxey said:

@Reptilliani tried to install ur plugin in G'MIC in Paint.net, but it didnt work. I am new to G'MIC. What did I do wrong?

Screenshot_75.png

You're supposed to update via the arrow next to the checkmark and internet within the GUI plugin which is under Advanced->G'MIC-QT. If the filter I have made does not show up within 2.9.0, that means it's no longer supported hence why I said if you have access to G'MIC-QT 2.9.1 which as of now are only available as a plugin for GIMP, Krita. 2.9.1 is right around the corner as it's getting closer to completion, so you will have access to this via Paint.NET very soon if it is not available for 2.9.0.

My g'mic-qt filters are under Testing->Reptorian.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

@ReptillianThank you it worked! do you know if there is any hair plugin for paint.net? it should work like the hair function in blender but in 2d and also have a min and max slider. I recreated this with my CircleGen Plugin and the "Grouped Pixel Shift By Rectengular Polar Transformation" (what a long name), but it only works for some shapes (e.g. circles, squares), because other change their shape. 

hair.png

Edited by Foxxey

@Foxxey  Try Red ochre's  Furblur. It's a large UI, but I'm sure you'll find the right settings. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'll admit I have only refactored code, and I still am pretty much mostly refactoring code. However, with this commit, this means some of my filter will have more options.

Picture result below with $ gmic sp lena sp dog sp cat rep_kodl \"r2dx 200% blur 5\",1.

dd9f7f4bb1c2b88b5e6a0b94cf62ab176b78246d

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

Another news, I will be adding more features to Tiled Form filter soon. Also, will consider limitation of PDN filter and enable exports.

• Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

I got news, guys! I decided to get a job (couldn't earlier because of fatigue issues, and coronavirus lockdowns), so I will not be making filters for g'mic-qt any longer. There is a upgrade to Tiled Form filter though.

In interest of programmers here - I will leave files and drop a note within Testing->Reptorian for anyone that wish to take over. This thread may be locked right after I do that though I may leave it open if any programmers asks me the intrinsic of those effects and how they work. I have not decided on that yet.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

G'MIC Filter Developer

Yes, thank you for all your hard work @Reptillian.  We all appreciate it.  Good luck in your new endeavors!  😊

As I have mentioned I had plans to leave some files, well and TODO list. Here it is. I also did one final update with major reformatting.

Here's some of the TODOs.

And, then here's some of my note files. - GMIC collection.zip

Thank you for your support. @Seerose @lynxster4 @Eli @Djisves and other people here.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 2

G'MIC Filter Developer