Reptorian's G'MIC Code Workshop

Reptillian

Now, the filter has been released! It is named as Transformative Popcorn Fractal. If you see Complex Popcorn Fractal, update another time. Yes, I renamed it and made it work as it should.

-----

New Filter! - Complexion Burst

Here's what it looks like:

er43tps8kci71.png?width=768&auto=webp&s=

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 2

G'MIC Filter Developer

On 8/18/2021 at 3:33 PM, Reptillian said:

Transformative Popcorn Fractal. If you see Complex Popcorn Fractal, update another time. Yes, I renamed it and made it work as it should.

-----

New Filter! - Complexion Burst

I can't find either of these under your Gmic plugins. I've updated 3 times. Wanted to try them.  Thanks!  😊

21 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

I can't find either of these under your Gmic plugins. I've updated 3 times. Wanted to try them.  Thanks!  😊

@Reptillian...was wondering if you had an answer for me. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Reptillian said:

If it doesn't update anymore, the current version of gmic is no longer supported. 2.9.9 is on the work actually.

Okay, thank you.  @null54 will have to update the G'mic plugin to latest version.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you may noticed bugs that are cropping up. Please do not be alarmed, I'm in the process of refactoring code.

For non-programmers, this means making code easier to comprehend, and reducing reductive lines.

So, these bugs will be fixed, but I do need cooperation. If you can find bugs, do tell them to me, and they will be addressed.

• Upvote 2

G'MIC Filter Developer

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, BDP said:

I'm using the latest PDN, and forced an update to the G'Mic filters, and I don't see the above filter. Even did a search. Am I missing something?

Brian

If it doesn't appear, then that means the current version of G'MIC is no longer supported. G'MIC 3 is on the horizon, but these are supported by Krita and GIMP. You'll have to wait.

G'MIC Filter Developer

• 1 month later...

For anyone that's still waiting on my filters. I do have a estimate on when G'MIC 3.0 will arrive according to @G'MIC. It will be at near end of the year. He's looking at things to improve on right now before the release.

Right now, I'm working on optimizing Fragment Blur. The nearest neighbor algorithm will be as fast as PDN version (1.8 s on a ~5300x3700 image with both using 50x duplication) even with boundary condition, and the bilinear approach is now going to be 160% faster than current version. It's slower than the nearest neighborhood algorithm because it uses more data, duh. The optimization will come to the plugin version as well.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 2

G'MIC Filter Developer

Appreciate all you do @Reptillian.  Will you be fixing your plugins you actually made for paint.net and get them up-to-speed?  Thank you. 😁

2 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Appreciate all you do @Reptillian.  Will you be fixing your plugins you actually made for paint.net and get them up-to-speed?  Thank you. 😁

The only one that needs fixing is the Fragment Blur. The Axis Streak one is already optimized though in theory, it can be optimized further with the usage of information already generated, but that's not needed and it's more work than I want to do anyway.

G'MIC Filter Developer

Ok, optimization from the g'mic side of thing has been pushed: https://github.com/dtschump/gmic-community/commit/68cc4d4b65aba12c33523d5e4de775477d6cf174

It is 120%-715% faster than the previous version of g'mic fragment blur. The fastest cases is almost as fast as the PDN version. The more precise case is still 6-11 times slower than in PDN.

Since it works, it can be adapted for the g'mic-pdn.

Edited by Reptillian
  • Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...