How to Install Plugins ×

G'MIC (03-12-2024)

null54

Works for me - G'MIC 3.2.6. Have you tried updating the filters?

Oh, I get it now. It was changing to all black. The way I got out of it was to quit PDN, and reload the image into G'MIC - worked then

Brian

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (09-04-2023)
  • 1 month later...

This needs a recompile for PDN 5.0.11+. I changed the ContainerFormats properties from ref readonly to just regular value returns, and I missed that G'MIC was using them.

I got this crash report from someone using v3.3.0 of the plugin:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PaintDotNet.Imaging.ContainerFormat ByRef PaintDotNet.Imaging.ContainerFormats.get_Png()'.
   at GmicEffectPlugin.OutputImageUtil.SaveAllToFolder(IImagingFactory imagingFactory, IReadOnlyList`1 outputImages, String outputFolder, String gmicCommandName)
   at GmicEffectPlugin.GmicConfigDialog.ProcessOutputImages()
   at GmicEffectPlugin.GmicConfigDialog.GmicThreadFinished(DialogResult result)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Void** arguments, Signature sig, Boolean isConstructor)
   at System.Reflection.MethodInvoker.Invoke(Object obj, IntPtr* args, BindingFlags invokeAttr)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (10-19-2023)

Release version 3.3.0.1.

Changes:

Updated the plugin for Paint.NET 5.0.11.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (10-24-2023)
3 hours ago, null54 said:

Updated G'MIC to version 3.3.1.

As of 10/24/23 at 11.38 EST the links to the updated version are not working for me 😱  Fixed by @null54 - many thanks :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi @Pixey - same for me with the main link - just says page not found BUT I found the download by following the source code link here.

https://github.com/0xC0000054/pdn-gmic/releases/tag/v3.3.1

(Gmic_Win64.zip)

Installed, updated and found the new twisted rays and it worked!

• Thanks 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thank you @Red ochre and @null54 😍

FYI - I had to use 'Right click' and open in new tab to get the download to work.  Computers 🤪

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (11-10-2023)
  • 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, BDP said:

Downloaded, still showing as 3.3.2

Brian

On G'MIC website, it's 3.3.3, this is just to let the author of the G'MIC plugin for PDN to update it to 3.3.3. So, if you see any one other than @null54 saying G'MIC has been released, it's for letting him know.

• Thanks 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

• null54 changed the title to G'MIC (01-12-2024)
53 minutes ago, BDP said:

Nothing happens when I select the G'MIC option

I just updated and it's working fine.  Did you restart paint.net after installing the latest version?

Also, did you put both .dll and the G'MIC Folder into Effects?

30b8T8B.gif

Did you manage to solve the issue, BDP?

I also closed Paint.NET, copied .dll and the folder into the Effects folder, and no cookie. A small launching message window shows up for an easy-to-miss microsecond, but then disappears and the main G'MIC window fails to launch.

Hi,

I jam currently using PDN 5.0.11 and G'MIC 3.3.1 quite successfully. I deleted both the folder and .dll and replaced with 3.3.3. Now I get an error in effects

plugin errors. Then when I try G'MIC I get a long list of the issues. Should I have just copied 3.3.3 over 3.3.1 ?

Edited by flash

1 minute ago, flash said:

Then when I try G'MIC I get a long list of the issues. Should I have just copied 3.3.3 over 3.3.1 ?

The old gmic folder should be deleted, not replaced. Replacing the folder could cause DLL conflicts.

Also, you will need to update to Paint.NET 5.0.12 to use the plugin.

• Thanks 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 1 month later...