Custom Brushes?

DracoClaw

On 11/29/2016 at 11:59 PM, toe_head2001 said:

Sorry, that feature does not exist in paint.net.

yeah i know. thats why im asking if there is a plugin or mod to do it

I answered the question you asked. However, let me clarify: plugins can not change/mod paint.net's tool or features.

The Custom Brushes plugin is your best option at this time.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

2 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

I answered the question you asked. However, let me clarify: plugins can not change/mod paint.net's tool or features.

The Custom Brushes plugin is your best option at this time.

:/ oh. okay. thanks

3 minutes ago, Eli said:

Member AnthonyScoffler was working on a brush effect as well but I think it is still a work in progress.

@AnthonyScoffler, can we please get some current information on this?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

@toe_head2001 I was nearing completion, but ran into a transparency bug. I documented it here. Being in college gives me little time to work around it, or I would've switched to a different graphics library. You can use it (with a transparency bug) here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6r81tGW7hODOHl6S1NBVnJhOHM

I would love it if you or anybody else could find a solution. My code is clean and legible, which should help.

Edited by AnthonyScoffler
Call for help :)
  • Upvote 2

@AnthonyScoffler, I also tested this yesterday and really couldn't find any fault with it.  It's so much easier to use than Custom Brushes.

Has anyone answered your call for help with the issue?  I would if I could, but I don't know how to code.

I think you have done a lovely job so far...now I can use my hundreds of PS brushes that have been sitting unused.  :D

• Upvote 1

If that's how people feel about it as-is, I'll go ahead and make a separate thread for it so I can give advice on how to use it. Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone!

@Red ochre I'll look into that. I also need to draw the selected area and darken the unselected area (if a selection exists), similar to how Pyrochild does it in the Smudge tool. And maybe a few other things.

Edited by AnthonyScoffler
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

An option to show the clipboard image as background instead of the checkerboard would be very useful.

That's a really good idea, since it would provide a method of seeing the results in the context of the other layers. That's a significant deficiency of most tool-type plugin which bring up a separate window. (I'll once again mention that I wish plugins had read-only access to the other layers.)

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'd say just use Pyrochild's CanvasPanel UserControl. It would work well in Brush Factory.

The source files are available with a libre license (MIT license)

https://github.com/bsneeze/pdn-liquify/tree/master/Liquify/common

• Upvote 1

bp-sig.png