Replacing broken HIDE tags

One of the tags lost in the change to the new forum software is the HIDE tag :cry:. Never fear - you can use the SPOILER tag to achieve the same effect.

1. Find you post with the old, broken Hide tag in it.
  2. Click Edit to enter post editing environment.
  3. Click the Source button in the Tool Bar to reveal the HTML - don't worry this is simpler than it looks!
  4. Find the area in the HTML that reads the same as this bit of code...
    <div class="bbc_spoiler" style="padding: 3px; background-color: #FFFFFF; border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; font-size: 1em;color:#000;">
    	<b>Hidden Content: </b><input class="bbc_spoiler_show" style="font-size:.9em;border:0;background:#fff;color:#05f;width:auto !important;" type="button" value="Show">
    	<div class="bbc_spoiler_wrapper" style="border:0;border-top:1px solid #ccc;margin:3px 0 0;padding:3px 0 0">
    		<div class="hidden_block_o_joy bbc_spoiler_content" style="display: none;">

Replace that entire block (no more, no less) with this...

<div class="ipsSpoiler" data-ipsspoiler="">
    	<div class="ipsSpoiler_header">
    		<span>Spoiler</span>
    	</div>

<div class="ipsSpoiler_contents">

Click Save. Done ;)

• Upvote 1

It would be faster to just copy and paste the contents of the Hide into a Spoiler, and then delete the Hide. No need to mess with the HTML.

We lowly users don't even have a source button.

toolbar.png

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

9 hours ago, BoltBait said:

If you have a post with a hide tag in it that you need fixed, post a link here and one of the mods will take care of it for you.

Very kind!:)

3 'hide' sections on page one of my plug in pack need fixing, link in my sig. DONE

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

9 hours ago, BoltBait said:

If you have a post with a hide tag in it that you need fixed, post a link here and one of the mods will take care of it for you.

Phew - thanks for offering to do this.  Goodness knows what would happen if I tried to fix this.

Make a Rope DONE

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

18 hours ago, BoltBait said:

EER, be careful with that... you're replacing 3 DIV open tags with 2. Your HTML will no longer be balanced.

I was careful . I appears that the editor is smart enough to remove the loose DIV. I spent ages looking for it too :D