Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

Zhin, interesting, but I feel kind weird that you did that. I try to replicate something I like in others work not lay my style over theirs.

Top and bottom layer is canvas size, everything in between are bits and pieces and just the top layer is set to difference.

SloppySig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Very dark & moody - just how I like it! Just love the bright patch on the concrete. I love the multi-perspective thing too. Like looking into a mirror in a mirror. Nice one!

Edit: Love the song too!

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Welshblue, I get a similar feeling looking at your image as I felt, as a kid, looking down into a deep water well.

Not scary; mysterious.

Xhin, I think you captured the dynamic trio perfectly. Nice imaging.

SloppySig.png

Great colours really lift the piece. 800 x 600 pixels doesn't do it justice IMO - an 8 ft by 6 ft canvas on the wall would be a great talking point

If I had a better computer and could afford a big enough printer, that's exactly what I'd be doing. Right now I have to work with 13"x19" when it takes several hours to do so because my computer lags too much.

Also welshy, that's awesome. I like your use of dents (I think?).

xhin.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Xhin – love it – I can always see the work you’ve put into these- always worth mulling over for a while. Particularly enjoy the symmetry – at first completely symmetric then you realise it isn’t – but it is – but a complex symmetry.

Colours – the red/yellow/black makes me think Africa, the blue/black makes me think stain glass. Then I focus in on the middle and see a ‘face ‘.

Iron Lion of Zion in a reggae church?

Really pleased you have started publishing plug-ins too.

Minners71 – nice image – black light halo – I like that – and the thought that Phil Collins might be trapped inside is even happier!

Good gradients and I get the feeling that this is a small scene at the edge of a space ship – ‘close encounters’ fashion. Perhaps there is room for more subtle reflections in the ‘egg’? – Hinting at what can be seen outside of the canvas area – even the viewer’s reflection? (just thoughts).

Careful with that new bike – personally I’d paint it rusty (red ochre) – so it looks old and no one will steal it! – (I’ve had bikes vandalised – really sad – they become ‘friends’).

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

@Redochre: Thank you :)

I can always see the work you’ve put into these

Honestly though, most of my styles don't take long to make. This was probably a 15-minute one. I just refine techniques and styles over and over and experiment and hybridize them. But some styles do take longer -- like the "Infinity Trinity" one on the previous page took several hours, most of which is very selective and precise coloring.

Really pleased you have started publishing plug-ins too.

Yeah, I've been working on a neat little plugin lately but I've been having some issues with the code. Probably am going to have to rebuild it from scratch >_<

Here's one people on facebook seem to like:

cC2fY.jpg

• Upvote 1

xhin.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...