Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

Hey, Xhin, I like this one a lot! A lot of movement in this & the colours are prefect for each other. Lots of interesting shapes too.

Here are a couple of abstract wallpapers I have been working on:

th_DarkFleur.png

Dark Fleur - the shape is a font.

th_FutureViewofthePast.png

Future View of the Past

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Xhin, that is truly awesome!

AGJM, fabulous outcome!

Deserthunder, I like the spheres & the background but you need to keep the highlights consistent. Where is the light coming from? So that needs to be on all of them.

The one in the middle I think is my fave but the top left is also very nice indeed.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Xhin, that is truly awesome!

AGJM, fabulous outcome!

Deserthunder, I like the spheres & the background but you need to keep the highlights consistent. Where is the light coming from? So that needs to be on all of them.

The one in the middle I think is my fave but the top left is also very nice indeed.

lol that was the effect i wanted, where is the light? thanks for the input! I like the top right one best....

desertthunderjhjh.gif

Xhin - I really like the one at the top of the page - your 'new' style looks good too - Art Deco feel.

Here's an Escher inspired piece of nonsense - all pdn - no pencils were harmed ;)

hyperteapot1asmall.png

Edited by Red ochre

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Barbieq25

Are the bike parts hard to find? I found the image too hard to see.

Suggestion: abstract the subject of your dream in some way.

I liked the font with the large and small caps; it lends a bit of chaos to your image.

Doughty

Yes, they are a bit hard to locate - there are 3 circular shapes in the centre that are large & some smaller ones including some bolts. The do tend to merge a bit with the circular images of the background & depending on your monitor settings, you may find the text very hard to see too. Thanks for the feedback :)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

@Jaxon - I knew I saw that image in more than one place ... That helps actually. Those things can sneak up on you.

Big fan of abstracts. Love what you did with that Jaxon. I'm slowly catching up from lurker to commenting. Should have commented sooner and all that.

And @Khin, same thread where I lost track of using these sorts of things as icons. That's simply brilliant and they definitely seem like they'd avoid too much confusion being so unique.

While I'm at it, I'm also going to post a happy accident from a few minutes ago because it's abstract and it creeps me out. Its a desktop image for me, but I wasn't sure it fit in that umbrella as it's pretty abstract.

As with most happy accidents, this could use some clean-up here and there. But I figure I need to put up or shut-up as well. :mrgreen:

1680x1050 @ ~460kb th_theyemergefour.jpg

Gallery at PDN-Fans