How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v3.5.11 - Updated January 31, 2015

BoltBait

Here is what I consider my "Essential", award winning :trophy:, plugin pack.

It includes 23 plugins :plug: and 1 palette file :Swatch: .

When you see :PlusButton:, you can click it for more information (including source code in some cases).

To install, download this file to your C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects folder and unzip it. :PlusButton:

Note: This is an older version of my plugin pack for paint.net v3.5.11.
For the most recent version, go here:
https://forums.getpaint.net/BoltBaitPluginPack

Installer:  Download

https://boltbait.com/DonateButton.png

You've been using this plugin pack

for years. Isn't it time you donated?

Zip file of DLLs: BoltBaitPack35DLLs.zip

Read this for instructions on how to install Paint.NET plugins. If after reading that page you are still having trouble installing these plugins, post your troubles here.

BONUS!

After installing this plugin pack, go HERE for a new text plugin for Paint.NET v3.5.11.

You can also install Temperature/Tint for 3.5.11 here.

And, download this for Object Shadow for Paint.NET v3.5.11:

ObjectShadow3511.zip

Note: All plugins in this pack have been updated October 30, 2011.

Note: All plugins in this pack have been tested with Paint.NET v3.5.11.

Once you install this plugin pack, here's what you get:

Adjustments menu

:MedianEffect:Color Balance - :PlusButton: Easily adjust the tint of an image. Useful for color correcting photographs taken indoors without flash. The difference between this and the built-in Hue/Saturation adjustment is that this one will affect black and white areas.

TransparentIcon.pngTransparency - :PlusButton: Adjust the transparency of a selection just like you can adjust it for an entire layer.

Effects menu

Horiz.pngFlip Horizontal - flips the selection on the vertical axis. Similar to the layer flip of the same name.

Vertical.pngFlip Vertical - flips the selection on the horizontal axis. Similar to the layer flip of the same name.

Effects > Artistic menu

Dream.pngDream - This makes your picture look like it was seen in a dream.

PastelIcon.pngPastel - This makes your picture look like it was drawn with pastel chalk or water color paint.

Effects > Blurs menu

BlurPlusIcon.pngGaussian Blur Plus - This is a replacement for my Channel Blur and is a complete rewrite of that effect. With it, you can blur only the Red, Blue, Green, or Alpha channel of the image. It also allows you to blend the original picture with the blurred image. (Try blurring all channels of the image with a radius of 10 and a Darken blend mode. Cool stuff.)

Effects > Object menu

An "object" is a group of pixels on a layer that is completely surrounded by transparent pixels (or the edge(s) of the canvas). These are useful when doing "cutouts" or with text on a new layer.

feather.pngFeather - Rewritten and improved. This effect softens the edges of objects.

InnerShadow.pngInner Shadow - Make objects appear like cutouts.

OldFeather.pngOldFeather - "True Feather" is back! So many people have asked for this that I'm bringing it back for this pack. Enjoy!

OutlineIcon.pngOutline - This effect puts an outline of the selected color around your object.

PasteAlpha.pngPaste Alpha - This effect takes the graphic on the clipboard and converts the colors to shades of gray and then uses that for the alpha values of the current layer. Useful for using masks.

Alpha2Gray.pngSwitch Alpha to Gray - This effect converts the image to shades of gray based on the alpha value of each pixel. Useful for making masks.

DelWorB.pngSwitch Gray to Alpha - This effect deletes white from and image and converts all other pixels to black. Useful for isolating line art.

Effects > Photo menu

:RectangleTool:Combined Adjustments - Many adjustments for photographs all on one screen

:JuliaFractalEffect:Sharpen Landscape - Makes your landscape photographs look like they belong in a magazine!

Effects > Render menu

Polygon.pngPolygon / Stars - This effect allows you to render triangles, pentagons, hexagons, etc. It also allows you to render stars. It is useful in making standard shapes and the pointed edges of stickers.

fire.gifFlames - This effect allows you to render flames. It is based on Tom Jackson's excellent fire tutorial.

Effects > Selection menu

Effects in this menu perform their effect by following the selection outline (marching ants, in the old Paint.NET versions). While they will work with a square selection (or no selection by using the edges of the canvas as their path), they are more interesting when the selection is curved :EllipseSelectTool:, selected by hand :LassoSelectTool:, or by magic wand :MagicWandTool:.

BevelSelection.pngBevel Selection - :PlusButton: This effect allows you to make selections 3D. Works great with text! A strength slider has been added in this release.

:EllipseSelectTool:Blur Selection Edge - This effect feathers the edges of a selection using the surrounding colors instead of transparency. Useful when the selection is not surrounded by transparent pixels.

feather.pngFeather Selection - :PlusButton: This effect softens the edges of your selection. It works just like the feather in other graphic$ program$

OutlineSelection.pngOutline Selection - :PlusButton: This effect allows you to outline a selection. Updated to allow anti-alias on the outline drawn.

Window > Colors > More > Open Palettes Folder

:ColorPalettes: I have also included an update to my Rainbow Palette. This has been updated for this release of my plugin pack. It includes more colors and a better organization in "reduced window mode".

Copy the file Rainbow Palette.txt to your My Documents/Paint.NET User Files/Palettes folder and you can select it in your color docker window. :PlusButton:

This pack supersedes my plugins available elsewhere. I will be updating the other locations eventually, but if you want the latest versions, download my plugins from this post.

Now, if you still have the following effect dll's installed, you can delete them:

:Cancel: FlipPlugin.dll (The one done by Illnab1024 and me) - Replaced with flip.dll in this package.

:Cancel: Arrows.dll - Now included in Paint.NET

:Cancel: Portrait.dll - Now included in Paint.NET

:Cancel: InkSketch.dll - Now included in Paint.NET

:Cancel: GaussianBlurChannel.dll - Replaced with GaussianBlurPlus.dll in this package.

:Cancel: Halo.dll - Replaced with Outline.dll in this package.

Also, user MadJik has written updated (better) versions of my Grid Maker plugin and my Wet Floor plugin. So, if you want those effects, go download MadJik's plugin pack.

Thanks to pyrochild for beta testing these updates and for giving me valuable feedback prior to their release. Also, thanks to Ed Harvey who optimized my Bevel Selection plugin to run 1000x faster than my original code.

Enjoy. B):beer::lightning:

:plug: History:

BoltBait's Plugin Pack Version 1.0 was Downloaded 35,641 times.

BoltBait's Plugin Pack Version 1.1 was Downloaded 06,045 times.

BoltBait's Plugin Pack Version 1.2 was Downloaded 81,222 times.

BoltBait's Plugin Pack Version 1.3 was Downloaded 34,921 times.

BoltBait's Plugin Pack Version 1.4 was Downloaded 16,611 times.

BoltBait's Plugin Pack Version 2.0 was Downloaded 66,022 times.

BoltBait's Plugin Pack Version 2.1 was Downloaded 06,569 times.

BoltBait's Plugin Pack Version 3.5 was Downloaded 95,771 times.

• Upvote 4

This plugin pack contains...a bunch of cool stuff, which BoltBait has now edited into his post. :)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Very nice, thank you BoltBait.

Although, no Delete Primary Color? Shame, there was a lot of potential in that plugin, if it were to be expanded upon. No plans to further this?

It still exists. And, I'm sure you can find it if you try. ;)

I spent about 8 hours working on a complete rewrite and am not happy with the results. I'll continue to work on it and let you know if I publish an update.

Thank you very much. This really deserves a :bmw:.

You're pretty generous with your rewards. It's great, to be sure, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a case of :mtdew: - or perhaps something stronger? ;-)

Awesome work anyway.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Thank you very much. This really deserves a :bmw:.

You're pretty generous with your rewards. It's great, to be sure, but I'm thinking more along the lines of a case of :mtdew: - or perhaps something stronger? ;-)

As I'm from Germany, it is obvious why I took :bmw: .

8)

Also BoltBait and myself had some PM's about Feather and submenus. He fullfilled all my wishes, therefore I had to be generous.

(In general it is hard not to be generous in our plugin forum :P . I'm just honest.)

Here are some examples of what the plugins can do:

Here is the original picture:

OriginalView.jpg

Now, after processing with my new Pastel plugin (using all defaults):

PastelExample.jpg

And, after processing with my new Dream plugin:

GBPlusWithDarken.jpg

Here is processing with Gaussian Blur+ (radius=10, green channel, xor blending mode):

GBPlusGreenXor.jpg

Here is an example of using Render > Polygon to make a foil sticker:

StickerExample.png

Render > Flames

Burninate.png

Selection > Bevel

BevelSelectionUI.png

I'll edit more in here later... 8)

A very big thank you! Your efforts do not go unappreciated.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Thank you BoltBait. Now i only have one problem.

So many plug-ins, and so little time to use them.

But I gees that is, what we in Denmark, call a “luxury problem”.

:lol:

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

bolt bait thanks for the new updated plugin

I've a question about the pastel

it really mucks about with my colors is there anyway to get it closer to the actual color of the original picture?

pastelcolors.jpg

Duplicate the layer before using the effect, then play with blend modes?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

bolt bait thanks for the new updated plugin

I've a question about the pastel

it really mucks about with my colors is there anyway to get it closer to the actual color of the original picture?

pastelcolors.jpg

I wouldn't suggest it for every image. It is obviously not right for your sample image. Try a natural photograph instead.