Martin Osieka

'Portable Document Format' FileType Plugin (.PDF)

73 posts in this topic

I could fix my issues with a small change in ImSvg.Open.FileType and ImPdf.Open.FileType. These plugin were not prepared that some one calls them while the caller window is not available. So its fine for me and I can use pdfs and svgs as brushes. The anoying thing is just that the brush is always reloaded on selecing the brush icon. And these plugins show a dialog on load.

Anyway it looks like that your conflict is with ImPDF.Save.FileType. You are using v1.4 or? And there is no other ImPDF.FileType.dll in the FileTypes folder?

I was using - ImPDF.Save.FileType v1.4 - And there was no other file type dll in the folder. 

I got this error when using the file type for sprite sheets. Can someone tell me what this is about. I am using paint.net V 4.02 and I am running it on a windows 8 system. Any help would be GREAT .

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.GdiPlusFileType' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Data, Version=4.2.5309.33059, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at SpriteSheet.MyFileType.OnSave(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback)

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Save(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback, Boolean rememberToken) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 284

at PaintDotNet.Controls.DocumentWorkspace.<>c__DisplayClass30.<DoSave>b__28() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\DocumentWorkspace.cs:line 2953

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Try(Action f) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 171

Thanks for any help :P 

Dennis

at SpriteSheet.MyFileType.OnSave(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback)

Looks like you posted this in the wrong thread Seems to be related to SpriteSheet Export plugin. Please repeat it there.

I just setup my new computer and I can't get PDF files to open in Paint.net. I have everything installed correctly (uninstalled and re-installed twice) and I keep getting the same error when I try to open a vector PDF image:

System.NotSupportedException: Loading not supported for this FileType

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 472

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

I am running Windows 8.1. 

Any ideas?

First you should check that there is an entry "PDF Import - Portable Document Format (*.pdf)" in the file type selector of the open file dialog box.

If there is not such an entry then you should read the installation procedure again and check that you copied all files to the right location (especially the library into the root folder of Paint.NET.

Question incorrectly submitted by user ilapinsky via the Reporting tool:

Martin Osieka, on 01 Mar 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:snapback.png

Added description of the options used by the ImPDF.Save.FileType (including screenshots).

So I did as you have wrote above but when I open PDF file
I've got error

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at Ghostscript.NET.Interpreter.GhostscriptInterpreter.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at Ghostscript.NET.Viewer.GhostscriptViewer.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at Ghostscript.NET.Rasterizer.GhostscriptRasterizer.Dispose(Boolean disposing)

at OptionBasedFileTypes.OpenFileType.OnLoad(Stream input)

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 495

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

any ideas????

I would really appreciate your guidance on the issue which I have had with PDF plugin

I have installed the ImPDF.Open.FileType and ImPDF.Save.FileType plugins.

They work ok, so I can open many of my pdf files, including the text pdf files consisting of a few pages. But sometimes when I try to open a multi-page pdf file I get the following error message:

System.ArgumentException: Size of layer does not match size of containing document

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

so I cant open such files.

The path D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496 does not even exist on my computer.

Why is this happening and what do I need to do in order to open such files?

I have Windows 10 Home 64x-bit

Edited by jbionic

System.FormatException: Stream format is not valid! Please make sure it's PDF, PS or EPS.

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

I am also having an issue, similar to the one above.

I am also having an issue, similar to the one above.

You should really post one of PDF files that is causing the issue. That way @Martin Osieka can take a look at what's going wrong with it.

I'don't know whats wrong but i can not read the first post, it looks like multiple layer shifted on top of each other.

anyone else has this too?

Formatting problem due to our custom TABLE tags not being supported by the new forum software.

Fixed :D

The problem I had earlier today has been resolved by uninstalling Paint.net and reinstalling to the default Program Files folder. My original program was done to a folder I created as part of a custom install. After the new install I just copied the plugin to the default location and now everything's fine. I do mean fine, this is an excellent piece of work. I've been programming for 32 years and doing graphics almost that long, and both Paint.net and this psd plugin are most admirable efforts.

Sincere thanks!

Hi guys, appreciate any help you can give.

Have installed Paint.Net 4.0.12 and Ghostscript 9.20 as per the instructions. 

But where do I find the following files? 

- two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc 
- two files 'ImPDF.Open.FileType.dll/dlc'
- "ImPDF.Save.FileType vX.X.zip"

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, CapN said:

But where do I find the following files? 

In the first post, there is a link in the "Download" section that says "HERE".

I made the link larger, bold and red to make it more obvious.

Thanks so much for the very very quick response guys!

I guess I grok things differently, which is why I didn't understand (my fault) the first time round.

My mind works more like this

---------------------

Downloads

Download the latest version of the plugins

a) ImPDF.Open.FileType v1.0 (15.3.2014) and

b ) ImPDF.Save.FileType v1.4 (15.3.2014)) 

>> here <<

Also download

c) Ghostscript

>> here << / http://www.ghostscript.com/download/

Installation

Follow the instructions carefully

1) Install Ghostscript

• Install Ghostscript (http://www.ghostscript.com/download/). The plugin has been tested with Ghostscript 9.10.  If Paint.NET is running as an 64bit application then you have to install "Ghostscript for Windows (64 bit)" else the 32bit version.
  • The plugin identifies the installed ghostscript version via the registry.
  • If you are using the plugin w/o Ghostscript a messagebox will popup telling you that Ghostscript is required.

2) Installation of ImPDF.Open.FileType

• Unzip the "ImPDF.Open.FileType vX.X.zip" file that you downloaded earlier (see Downloads section above)
  • Copy the two files OptionBasedLibrary vX.X.dll/.dlc to the Paint.NET\ folder (NOT to Paint.NET\FileTypes\ !!!) of your Paint.NET installation. A typical location is "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\".
  • Copy the two files 'ImPDF.Open.FileType.dll/dlc' to the Paint.NET\FileTypes\ folder of your Paint.NET installation. A typical location is "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes".
  • Remove old ImPDF version from Paint.NET\FileTypes\ folder. If you need the save functionality then update to ImPDF.Save.FileType.
  • Do not remove older versions of the OptionBasedLibrary if they are required from other plugins.

3) Installation of ImPDF.Save.FileType

• Unzip the "ImPDF.Save.FileType vX.X.zip" file that you downloaded earlier (see Downloads section above)
  • Copy the two files "ImPDF.Save.FileType.dll" and "ImPDF.Command.exe" into the "FileTypes" folder of your Paint.NET installation. A typical location is "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes".
  • WARNING: Don't forget to remove older version of the ImPDF plugin (ImPDF.FileType.dll)!

Edited by CapN

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

can save my pdf, but can't open any pdf (previously saved by plugin or some other) 

Paint.Net 4.0.12 and Ghostscript 9.20 (x64) 

Edited by Banzai

I'm having trouble with the download link. I'm guessing this is a new problem since nobody mentioned it in the last several months (years?).

The ">>here<<" link starts as http://forums.comsquare.ch/viewforum.php?title=ImPDF.FileType, then redirects to http://comsquare.dynvpn.de/forums/viewforum.php?title=ImPDF.FileType.

Anyway, this results in a "connection timed out" error...  Anyone have any insight/suggestions?

Looking forward to using this plugin...everyone seems to love it!

34 minutes ago, MattHays said:

Looking forward to using this plugin...everyone seems to love it!

Try to download the latest versions of both files (ImPDF.Open.FileType v1.1 & ImPDF.Save.FileType v1.4) from here.

22 minutes ago, ReMake said:

Try to download the latest versions of both files (ImPDF.Open.FileType v1.1 & ImPDF.Save.FileType v1.4) from here.

That was almost too easy...the "Wayback Machine."  (forgot about that)

I have files in hand now.  Thanks for the suggestion!