Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
niwax

"Apply Texture"

24 posts in this topic

This Plugin applies a texture to any selected object with saving the brightness, so the object looks like it originally had this color. It's easy: You just have to select the object and the new texture.

Newest release (17.02.2012):

Older version:
Download: Apply Texture.zip (5,51 KB)

Examples:
La69j.png

Before
Bundestag_Portal.jpg
After
After2.jpgAfter3.jpgAfter4.jpgAfter5.jpg
Click to enlarge

Apply Texture.zip

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Added zipped *.dll

As i can see, the texture effect is exactly the opposite of this one. "Apply Texture" adds another texture (meaning: Like in 3D-Software) to objects and saves the brightness, "Texture effect" only adds the brightness of the texture (meaning: Watermark).

It won't work.

I can't find the plugin on paint.net....

Are you looking in Effects -> Object -> Apply Texture?

Are you using the latest version of Paint.NET?

Works fine for me.

Great plug in niwax. ;)

This is great for applying textures without having to resort to using Alpha Masking -

Happy New Year. ;)

1111jt.png

Edited by Goonfella

I see this as being very useful. Thanks, niwax!

Q: if you plan on making any update, may I request the ability to load an image from the clip-board or from other layers within the project?

Thanks for the reply. I saw the section on Clipboard but I simply do not understand how to implement it.

I also wonder if it's possible to change the Blend Mode for the texture or have it fill in only a selected area as opposed to the entire canvas.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Closed open quote tag

Use the selection tools to select the area you want to texture, then apply your texture. The texture will only be applied in the selected area. You can then choose a blending mode . ;)

Use the selection tools to select the area you want to texture, then apply your texture. The texture will only be applied in the selected area. You can then choose a blending mode . ;)

Hi Goonfella. Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I didn't explain it well enough. What I was requesting is the option to resize the entire texture, by height or width, to fit a selected area. The current behavior is to apply the original texture size to the selected area.

As for the blending mode, it could be used to apply a different texture on the same layer without overwriting the existing texture. For now, the only other way to do this is to double the layer with the shape you want to apply the texture over and apply the new texture to the above layer and then change the layer's blend mode.

The plugin (and images) links are broken. If anyone has the plugin already, can you upload it as an alternate link for this thread?

Is this plugin no longer being maintained? :(

I was wondering if a feature could be added that would allow me to import an image from the clipboard and not just from a file.

niwax hasn't been around the forum for six months or so. I do hope we haven't lost him/her!

I'll send an email..., Done.

I will the add check box and then release the source code :)

I just uploaded the new version and the source code, it's in the first post. Sorry for not commenting it, but it should be easy to understand anyways.

The link is broken.  Made some research to find a valid external link in Google search and found nothing.  Is there someone that has the last updated plugin and make it available to the community.

Thanks a lot.

I just have the first version. I`d like to update as well. The `get from clipboard' option looks really handy.

I'll upload the dll later today.

Edit: done.