Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

Yur forgiven.

#1842 Nai

Nai
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

.... who isnext?   254f0e94.gif

Can you even come close to nitenurs79's style and talented entry? 

Me...

But wait, I'm not interested in becoming the contender... Because I have different talents and strengths than her. And I'm an underdog.

Somehow I'm still considering my participation just for conveying the important message in this siggie banner.

( Latest update : Banner being removed, since I decide to withdraw from the competition. )

Update :  Officially withdrawing from the competition.

Edited by Nai, 25 July 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#1843 nitenurse79

nitenurse79
  • Members
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

Hmmm. A little bit political Nai.

BeachComp_zpsb90ec393.png

Sig battles won 18. Image battles won - 3.  2012 Signature of the year award winner.

#1844 DrewDale

DrewDale
  • Competition Hosts
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationDenham.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

Hmmm. A little bit political Nai.

Agreed. We all have opinions / reactions to things going on in the world, I don't think they have a place on a forum for artwork to be shown or entered in a competition.

Back on topic:

Nitenurse - Great colours from you as always, love the whole glossy look to it and the background is amazing, nice font and the reflection works just right - 1 point.

Nai - I agree with your sentiment / message, but as mentioned above, it's not really the place for it here. A nice design and that's all - 0 point.

Score:

Nitenurse - 1

Nai - 0

Well done to RFX for winning the last round :)

#1845 chimay12321

chimay12321
  • Competition Hosts
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

I don't see the problem, as I've stated in the discussion topic.

Nitenurse - Don't like the colours, but the fore- and background work together pretty well. It's the red on the top of the 'i' and 't' that puts me off most, because it's on a green/blue background.

Nai - Nice idea and composition, but it just doesn't turn out well IMO. The focal is where it should be, although I'm a bit too much distracted by the deep colours on the right in contrast with the black and white and colours with much less saturation on the left. Furthermore I don't like the black border around MH17, it makes it feel like it isn't really part of the composition, although it's the 2nd most important word in the sig. It's a pity you made 'for' bright red and 'justice' and 'MH17' black/white, because that makes you look at the 'for' first, which obviously is just a word to glue 'justice' and 'MH17' together. Also the blur around the fist could be a bit smoother. Furthermore, the text in the bottom left isn't readable, so it's a bit unnecessary.

So my point goes to NN ^^

Nitenurse - 2

Nai - 0

Posted Image

#1846 Nai

Nai
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

Before going even further, thank you chimay12321 for your objectivity and professionalism. This is the first time I'm swaying away from my comfort zone and where my core energy is- youthful, innocent art and pastel colours-to do some experiments with shaded, bold and striking colours. I learned a lot from you and your comments.

I realized that I have switched on the fire or hitting the bee hives, so with all humbleness I'm officially withdrawing myself from the competition. By God Will, there're will be a great lad who will take over my place in the competition, sooner or later.

Cheerio !

Edited by Nai, 25 July 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#1847 JulioCoolio

JulioCoolio
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

I can enter the competition if that's okay. I made this a while ago, but I think it's worthy of the competition.

3DJulioCoolioSig.png

JulioCoolioTop.pngAboveBlog.png

JulioCoolioMiddleI.pngBlog.png

JulioCoolioMiddleII.pngGallery.png
JulioCoolioBottomII.pngAwardsII.png

Master Julio the Coolio!!! Are you awesome?

#1848 Riddley

Riddley
  • Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Nitenurse - I really like rainbows and the reflection below your text is quite well done. Overall a nice looking sig.

JulioCoolio - A very simple sig, I really like the glossy, 3D effect you have on the text, but I don't really like the test itself, it reminds me a little of comic sans. It's a really good looking sig but I would've liked it better if the font had been different.

The score is now:

Nitenurse - 1
JulioCoolio - 0

LiminalSig_zps1fe69a74.png

Check out my gallery/archive: here

#1849 Scooter

Scooter
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, the land of the foggy desert

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

nitenurse79 - I really like the reflections below your text they are the best you have done. The contrast color on the "i' and "t" are a bit over bright, though not easy to modify, with that effect. over all an easy to read signature with a nice background shape to keep the blandness away. Good color and composition. 

JulioCoolio - Thank you for stepping in. Your signature has a nice simple style that is accented by the use of the chosen colors,  The font used for your name is a bit unclear because of, I believe, the severe tilt of the letters and the excessive foggy shadow.  Granted you explained this is an early work and so not up to your current level, but I can only vote for what you kindly provided and given all that I do like it overall.

The score is now:

nitenurse79 - 2
JulioCoolio - 0

Now back to my day job
      28_1_4.gif

Scooter
getsmileyCAV71FIZ-1.gifI'm too young, to be this old

paint.net I can learn it, I can...

d14cc2f7-6a92-4e06-9dec-f8af0b519484_zps

#1850 RFX

RFX

2013 Howard Hughes Award Winner

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

Awww Thanks ya'll as that's greatly appreciated! I just wanted to make something that inspires creation as that's the best part of graphic design in my opinion. Lol I can't find the blushyface emote so I'll just make one... blushi10.png

"...I learned a lot from you and your comments."

@Nai, I've also withdrawn a few of my entries just as I wasn't content with the design which happens to everyone from time to time and is no biggie k. I've picked up a lot of good tips that helped me improve my designs and is more valuable than anything else. Whether it's a win or a loss, you gain experience and is never a bad thing!

On to the sig battle, both are very good entries and honestly is a hard one to choose which one I like more as I like both pretty evenly.  I like the 3D depth aspect in Julio's sig and the lighting aspect on the text which is something I also use in a lot of my stuff. Well done Julio! :D  I like NN79's design as well with the mirror reflection effect and abundance of color really stands out. There is one detail which I noticed that ties all those things together which really makes the image pop... if you look in the background, it's a music CD! Awesome job NN79! :D  Although I didn't get to see Nai's entry, the effort made in making it shows Nai rocks! :D

It was a hard decision indeed, however my vote goes to NN79 for incorporating music into a sig! Great job to all 3 participants in this round in which NN79 is declared the winner! :trophy-silver:

Nitenurse - 3
JulioCoolio - 0

....and with that being said, best of luck to the next 2 challengers. Let the next sig battle commence! :D

pdn5710.png

#1851 sashwilko

sashwilko
  • Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Well done Nitenurse on yet another win :)  I will give the battle a try with this one  :arrow-down:

Sigcompfruit_zps389d55bc.png

SigComp-Jewel_zps43ede089.png

Gallery

#1852 Riddley

Riddley
  • Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

Let's see how this fares against your wonderful fruit:

riddley500x125_zps3a793651.png

LiminalSig_zps1fe69a74.png

Check out my gallery/archive: here

#1853 Scooter

Scooter
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSouthern California, the land of the foggy desert

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:12 AM

Sasha Very clever. The brilliant colors of the fruit are beautifully contained by the "edging". All in all a very colorful and legible creation, and dare I say, tasty too. 

Riddley while not my 'cupa",  I must credit your creativity.   There seem to be 3 elements, separated from each other, not combined on the same plane.  My concern is the disconnect between the object/text. For example the saw blade, its reflection and the pool of red. I think if you have a saw blade sitting in a pool of red, the blades reflection would not show the teeth almost touching the original blade, but obscured by the pool of reds own reflection.

Sasha     1

Riddley   0

Scooter
getsmileyCAV71FIZ-1.gifI'm too young, to be this old

paint.net I can learn it, I can...

d14cc2f7-6a92-4e06-9dec-f8af0b519484_zps