Pictorium forum: We Have a Release Date!

@sabrown:

Do you mean that those who do have a DA account should be able to show a flash version of their artwork as in the WAAM forums? If I don't make sense, I truly apologise.

Yes

Then I'm completely with you on this idea! It would be a superb idea. Put your images on DA, and view them as flash "content". I hope this idea gets implemented! :mrgreen:

If this happens, I might just get a DA account. :wink:

Then I'm completely with you on this idea! It would be a superb idea. Put your images on DA, and view them as flash "content". I hope this idea gets implemented! :mrgreen:

Da already lets you do that - but the flash tag isn't available in this forum probably to reduce annoyance but this code would only let someone view the da image view control which can be easily embedded into HTML.

KaHuc.png

Flash on the forum would NOT be fun. Much tougher to regulate, much harder to flip through to make sure everything is still good.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hotlinking from dA isn't allowed, IIRC...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

No, the Galleria is just a thread where the best of the best go. Comments still go in personal galleries.

We're going to give it a shot as-is. It's a beta; if we find we need a subforum, we'll do it. But we sort of feel that eliminating the "noise" that can go into the umbrellas and personal galleries will make the situation a bit better.

We're going to give it a shot as-is. It's a beta; if we find we need a subforum, we'll do it. But we sort of feel that eliminating the "noise" that can go into the umbrellas and personal galleries will make the situation a bit better.

When you say it will be a beta - do you mean you will not lock the existing thread immediately?

KaHuc.png

Yay! And so soon. :D

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

It's just a pictorium, sabrown. It's in no way compulsory. If you don't want to use it, get a dA.

Perspective, people! :-)

might have missed this pardon me please if I did but is there size recommendation for the new pictorium personal galleries.

I'm working on my first piece to add to it. and its a doozie .

thanks

Try to keep the preview below 800x600. You can link to a larger image, though. I believe it'll be listed in the rules...if it's not, I'm going to add it right now.

There will probably be a huge rush of people wanting to get the first post. :)

They'll be too late. :-) Either Dan or myself have that distinction, I don't recall who.

might have missed this pardon me please if I did but is there size recommendation for the new pictorium personal galleries.

I'm working on my first piece to add to it. and its a doozie .

thanks

Try to keep the preview below 800x600. You can link to a larger image, though. I believe it'll be listed in the rules...if it's not, I'm going to add it right now.

There will probably be a huge rush of people wanting to get the first post. :)

They'll be too late. :-) Either Dan or myself have that distinction, I don't recall who.

thanks David, for the record sabrown I meant my first post to my gallery, I'm not keeping track of who posts which picture first or how many posts you have to your name. I look for substance not quantity. My first post is a nice one.

ciao