Pictorium forum: We Have a Release Date!

The Moderators have been working, though you may not know it. And it's certainly been a rocky road. But we finally have a release date for what you've all been waiting for!

March 21, 2008.

That's the date that the lives of the moderators become a living hell. :-) It's the release date for the new Pictorium Forum!

We've finished off most of the big stuff, and we're just waiting for some of the final details to come together. Here's what we have so far:

Galleria: The Paint.NET Art Gallery: This is the thread where the Best of the Best will be shown. Images will be elected to this forum using the "Report This Post" button ( this: icon_post_report.gif ) and promoted or denied by a moderator.

The Image Hospital: This is where we're planning to direct anyone who needs help with an image's look. As always, technical questions ("How do I do...?") will go in General Discussion and Questions; this thread is for images which just Don't Quite Look Right, and the poster wants to know how they can make it look better.

Image Umbrellas: Specific homes for various image types. The current umbrellas are: Pixel Images, Realistic Images, Abstract Images, Image Manipulation/Modification, Interfaces, Desktop Art, and Sigs and Avatars.

Personal Galleries: This is your personal home for your personal images. You may create ONE thread to post your work in; others may comment upon it.

Of course, there are some other threads that provide guidelines, discussion, etc. about the new Pictorium in general. But those should be pretty self-explanatory once you see them.

Anyway, we still want your input! When the Pictorium opens, it'll be in a Beta form. There is still room for changes to be made; let us know what you'd like to see changed, and we'll consider considering it. :-)

Off to the races!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

EDIT: Maybe a section for posting free to use stock photos

That's what the internet is for ;)

Stock-photos are not specifically related to any graphics program, Paint.NET or other, so it doesn't seem right to me for them to have a section of our forum.

Wikipedia Commons and deviantART are great places to find or share stock photos. This forum, not so much.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

That's what the internet is for ;)

Stock-photos are not specifically related to any graphics program, Paint.NET or other, so it doesn't seem right to me for them to have a section of our forum.

Wikipedia Commons and deviantART are great places to find or share stock photos. This forum, not so much.

Good Point. Maybe more like stock pdn file for you to mess with. If you know what i mean.

omExTE6.png

While pyrochild's answer is correct, it's not complete. The biggest problem is copyright; we don't want to get sued when someone posts something that's not free, GPL, or Creative Commons. And we have no way to prove it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

While pyrochild's answer is correct, it's not complete. The biggest problem is copyright; we don't want to get sued when someone posts something that's not free, GPL, or Creative Commons. And we have no way to prove it.

What about one or two of our own photo art that was enhanced on Paint.Net? (see may dA account for examples :D)

The Photomanip umbrella...

So one week and a day, the new Pictorium will be released. Amazing. I remember when most of my posts were in the pictorium. 100ish/500ish, but now that has changed. Will the pictures nominated be moved, duplicated, or a new post?

omExTE6.png

We'll probably lock the old thread and move it into the new forum.

Will the pictures nominated be moved, duplicated, or a new post?

The nominated pictures that are accepted to the Gallery (which is just one of the threads in the new Pictorium forum) will be hosted at getpaint.net and the post will be copied to the Gallery thread.

March 21st? Good to know.

I'll be sure to wear my galoshes that day, in preparation for the impending flood. ;)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

is this why the forum was ofline for a while earlier?

No, that'd be because Forumer blows chunks.

Maybe you should add a custom BBCode to easily add deviantart content to make the process easier. If you want to, here is the data:

BBCode Usage:

[deviantart]http://{SIMPLETEXT1}.deviantart.com/art/{SIMPLETEXT2}-{SIMPLETEXT3}[/deviantart]

HTML Replacement:

{SIMPLETEXT2} by ~{SIMPLETEXT1} on deviantART

Help Line:

Post deviantart art work eg: [deviantart]http://sabrown100.deviantart.com/art/Heavan-and-Earth-77834133[/deviantart]

KaHuc.png