The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Hey all...I'm new to the forum but have been browsing it for about a week...ever since I became addicted to Paint.Net. No joke, I've been up till 3AM the last 5 days playing around with it. Just looking at some of the amazing stuff that people come up with can be pretty intimidating :shock: , especially for someone who's knowledge of image editing was limited to Macromedia Fireworks (good program, but...) and stuff. Layers, what?

I almost didn't post anything here, but I thought what the heck, I'm a college student with tons of time and the only way I'll get better is to learn from the experts. So here's my current desktop background (smaller sized) and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what I could do to improve it? I kinda know how to do stuff, but I struggle with aesthetics.

phoenix_smaller.jpg

P.S. I think I accidentally broke rule #9 on the forums. Sorry Rick!

thats pretty cool, i'm guessing you just added the render of the phoenix but if you made it than holy bloody potato thats awsome. The only thing i would suggest is that you lower the amount of glow around the text. Good job

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

The_Lionhearted, that is ... Amazing! I like the way you made it into your sig as well. :)

Speaking of sigs, this is one of my recent ones. Though, I believe it is too big for this forum - and if resized it will loose a lot of its quality.

Cut out the character from Soul Calibur III myself:

AndrewSig3A3.png

Only problem I had was that part of the blade was covered, so I had to use the clone stamp tool to make the rest. I did an ok job, but it is still a little ... ew. Anyway, I was thinking about adding some stuff into the background of the black/blue part.

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

I thought I had seen it before! I personally liked the old one better because of the more glassy feel of the letters...is there a tutorial on how to make text appear like your avatar Madjik? Cause that's a really neat effect..

It's time for you to learn about the forum search tool...

Search for 'sig' / author 'madjik'... you'll have it.

BTW here it is:

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3380&highlight=sig

(not exactly the same background, but you'ld have an answer for the text)

Your first post, uh... you should have done like a gradient (circle)like, transparent in the middle to show the shape, and black on the outside, so that it wont look as bad, you can keep the cutting, just if you do that, it will soften it out.