Sign in to follow this  
aatwo

The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

thanks, I liked the idea of incorporating the phpBB theme with both transparency and the little bar that automatically appears.

One more update to the sig and now I'm off to bed :)

my first avatar:

I want to rotate it slightly but that produces beading:

ravatar.png

any idea how to get around that? I'm sure I saw a post about it earlier but I can't find it now.

not quite with you - I flatten it and then Ctrl-Shift-Z - what should I be doing?

there is plenty of transparent space around the image.

I like your abstract stuff. You could make a nice stained glass window effect.

I used the oblique plugin to do this one

ravatar2.png

but it's still a little beady even on the highest anti-aliasing....

EDIT:

sharpened

ravatar3.png

EDIT2:

sharpened, with a blur on the edges

ravatar4.png

sorry for the multiple edits.

yeah, it's not ideal

I guess you could make it larger than required, rotate and then resize. I haven't tried but it might work.

Here's another (final) play, but I don't think it's as nice as the simpler one I'm using:

bavatar.png

I used the oblique plugin to do this one

ravatar2.png

I like that one the best (kinda). I think you should combine the first and the last together (using the power of layers).

good idea. I set the transparency of the sharpened, blurred one to 127 and put it on top of the oblique one and I'm happy enough with it now! thanks for the suggestion! :D

I guess you could make it larger than required, rotate and then resize. I haven't tried but it might work.

You could also only rotate the inside 'stuff' and draw the outline later.

You could also only rotate the inside 'stuff' and draw the outline later.

yeah, I thought of that later. heh. ah well, we live and learn :)

Hey all...I'm new to the forum but have been browsing it for about a week...ever since I became addicted to Paint.Net. No joke, I've been up till 3AM the last 5 days playing around with it. Just looking at some of the amazing stuff that people come up with can be pretty intimidating :shock: , especially for someone who's knowledge of image editing was limited to Macromedia Fireworks (good program, but...) and stuff. Layers, what?

I almost didn't post anything here, but I thought what the heck, I'm a college student with tons of time and the only way I'll get better is to learn from the experts. So here's my current desktop background (smaller sized) and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what I could do to improve it? I kinda know how to do stuff, but I struggle with aesthetics.

phoenix_smaller.jpg

P.S. I think I accidentally broke rule #9 on the forums. Sorry Rick!

thats pretty cool, i'm guessing you just added the render of the phoenix but if you made it than holy bloody potato thats awsome. The only thing i would suggest is that you lower the amount of glow around the text. Good job

Thanks man...I wish I made the phoenix, but no...I had to make it bigger and cut it out of the black background. I appreciate your suggestion...I'm pretty new and haven't quite mastered the fine art of creating art!

@jake2k: I like more the second version...

My 30min work... on phoenix (we could do better than that if we take the time)

phoenix02.jpg