Sasha - The Gallery - *NEW 08 / 10 / 2015*

sashwilko

I've always liked the S3D plugin because it made me feel that different dimensions can be created using it. I absolutely love the circular puzzle piece--I think that a logo would be nice to make using that idea. The train station is pretty cool, too. 

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you all for the comments :) it means a lot to me. 

@ DrewDale - It will be interesting to see what your idea will be like :)

The fisherman idea came from seeing a no smoking sign in an obvious place (a petrol station) so I thought a man fishing on a railway was pretty off the wall :)

swIFX9v.png

Ha, ha - what an inventive girl you are :smile:  The fisherman at the station platform is so neat.  And the puzzle ...... it's really well done and, guess what?   it's very Escherish.  There you go ....... you have an idea already thumbsup.gif    

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@ Welshblue - I didn't even know you could have drop shadow on its own layer? I just thought it needed an object to work with, another new thing to learn :)

@ nanettealsop - Thank you, I love the little fishing guy. I have created an entry now for the Escher comp :)

@ blackpenny - Thank you also, I'm now trying to find my own ideas based on what I have learned from people on here :)

• Upvote 1

swIFX9v.png

What I do is duplicate whatever object you want D S on ... then run it on the lower layer.  That way if you want to lower opacity at a later date it doesn't effect the original :wink:

Aah right, now I get it, so then if I am not happy with the effect, I just delete the dupe layer. Thank you for the tip Welshblue :)

• Upvote 1

swIFX9v.png

I have at times also duplicated the layer, run the DS with the keep original image unticked. Some neat effect can be done with this. Keeping a copy of the layer without the DS is very handy, even if you hide it. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

IF I was younger and more hip - I'd say, 'way cool girl' on the remake of the ellipse @Sasha .  Hey, I said it .... I must go look in the mirror quickly.

Fantastic entry in the comp ....... see, you can do anything with PDN.  I commend you on your perseverance :smile: .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

This new image looks like a camera lens. I wonder if you can do the same with smaller circles, you know like have the Random Shape Fill plugin with the circles and then run the effect you did here. It will look cool, too, I bet. Maybe. I don't know. :)

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you DrewDale and Helen. I was not really sure what it could be, interesting to see what others depict from it :)

I tried your suggestion too Helen. It looks ok, but has less of an impact (I think) but then again the below image was rushed.

randomshapeversion_zpsec43cf5a.png

swIFX9v.png