Sasha - The Gallery - *NEW 08 / 10 / 2015*

sashwilko

Thank you for the votes and the feedback on my radio :)

@ yellowman - I would love to try a 3D-ness too, but when I rotate / zoom the image all the controls (obviously) become flat. It is something I would like to do, but sadly I can't seem to add any depth after I have made the rotation :/

swIFX9v.png

I will assume that you still have all objects on their own layers,

so the best way to do the 3D, is to rotate every layer using same settings exactly, then apply the depth using Trail plugin on each layers individually to the required direction.

(duplicate the layer and create the depth on the lower layer, so you have a chance to play with the colors of the top layer.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Helen. It was purely just a rapid try out of RedOchres new plugin (with some blending and layer flips) I will be putting the plugin in to further use with S3D and some alternative colours to create some more abstract art. Happy you like it. :)

swIFX9v.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice start on the radio Sasha. On the round knobs you can also make a cylinder using the Shape 3D plug in and you will be able to adjust the size and angle and position to match where it is going. For the odd shaped buttons try adding a little bevel to them first,then a lighter color of drop shadow at 0 or 1 widening radius and 1 or 2 blur radius. Then go to layers-rotate/zoom and tilt to what looks the best angle. Now go into Object-Trail and turn the pointer to match the direction you desire, the height,and wether to use fade or not until it looks good and click ok.  On the round ones if you want to give them a kind of ribbed look then use the same technigue as the odd shaped buttons but to start with use the plugin Polygones in Render to get a ridged shape near what you want and fill with the same color. If they are to sharp for your taste then use the Median plugin under Noise and adjust to your liking. Then just continue with the steps for the odd shaped buttons. Hope this helps you out some,I'm still a noob also,lol.   ;)

Another trick I learned was to save a copy of the buttons before adding any effects and then use them as a template for the holes that the buttons go in. Go to Rotate/zoom and kick the size up to 102-104%.then set them where the buttons are going,use the magic wand to select all the spots, move to the layer the radio face is on,and delete those spots. Now add a bit of a lighter color drop shadow to the holes,and then use trail again to set the holes in a bit. Now place the buttons where they look good.  ;)

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Really, really good, Sasha. I like what Skullbonz is saying, though. Working with S3D can be quite tiresome as trial and error is mostly what you'll be doing until you get the desired result. Still, you did a nice job on the digital radio.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you skullbonz, Helen, Beta0, DrewDale, Welshblue for your feedback. Thank you also for tips on S3D, I did use it slightly, but I didn't make too much depth because a sleek and modern digital radio (with retro style) does not have large extruding buttons or dials, it was used more on the speaker grill really. As for the back of the radio, I did plan on making it rounded, but did not have the faintest idea how to do it :)

swIFX9v.png

I agree with Welshblue also about shaping the rear too, but overall it is a really nice radio (the background is really nice and relaxing) I do notice one or two more works since I last visited, Very nice ideas and well executed Sasha. :) 

ZXCBOoZ.png

• 1 month later...

Wow, Sasha. Let me just say that you really showed what you are able to do. Incredible texture for the rusty parts of the jail and I like how you used the Trail plugin to give the jail thickness. 

It was nice to see you post something impressive as this jail!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Top image Sasha, I agree on the name of the jail too, nice one. Love the textures on the door and window bars and the sandy texture. You have used the brick tute very well and I like the little touches such as the wheel, staging post and door brackets. A really nice picture and well thought out too. B)

BREtKQW.png

• 1 month later...

A long long time since I was in my gallery, so a big thank you to Helen. Daniels. Drew. Dug. Oceana and Welshblue for your feedback / comments. Always nice to have visits from you all.

@Welshblue - I did try to add some post anchors, but could not get it right.

swIFX9v.png

You're work is great Sasha. That cube looks great and the classic radio you made a few months ago looks fantastic. Keep up the good work!

Edited by DarkShock

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y