Sasha - The Gallery - *NEW 08 / 10 / 2015*

sashwilko

Sorry for the confusion,that's why I leave this type of stuff to Welshy,YM and BBQ. I am hopeless at explaining things.If your background and wood texture are on separate layers move the wood texture down horizontally or use rotate/zoom. Wood texture showing one third,background showing two thirds.When your happy,merge,start your clipwarp sequence. Your background has to be the whole canvas.

I bet your even more confused.

I like the glassy look of the bottles / vases.

I think I understand what dug is saying. Don't ask me to explain it though. :blank:

Basically, just move the horizon down. :smile:

That I do understand, thank you for explaining it to me, I will keep it in mind for future use :)

swIFX9v.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice new works Sasha B)

I was going to suggest using a wooden texture to stand your ornament on, but then I noticed you said it was a contemporary piece, so therefore it works just as it is with the black table top. Your alien is super cool, I don't think it needs anything else adding to it really (unless others can fill the gaps) great additions to your gallery, top work. :)  

BREtKQW.png

With the alien I see an owl...Google crochet owls & you might get some ideas on how to proceed.

The mosaic bowl doesn't really do it for me but the background sure does! 

I love the glass bottles but also agree with the lowering of the horizon. Love the contemporary ornament. I could see this as a lamp on that glossy black table. The good thing about keeping the PDN files is that you can use the elements over & over again. :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Nice new pieces!

Save the space-wasp head as an object. One day you will be experimenting with Pdn and think 'that looks like an alien insect body', what did I do with that wasp head? ;)

+ good to experiment with shape 3D - good results!

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

The alien/cyber wasp looks good. (Let me guess...Ash's eye tut and mirror horizontal?) If you ever get the inspiration and finish it, PM me about a collab with my WIP :) The Ornament is great! You make good use of the fact that S3D retains transparency. 

Been a while since I was on here last.  You've been busy!  I am duly impressed with your progress.  I like the way you play with the plugins to get various effects.  It makes for some very nice abstract pieces.  Look forward to seeing more!

Yes save the alien head as a pdn file and you will find or create something later that it will go great with. For now it looks pretty cool,I have one something like it in my gallery and I used parts from different things to make a body,bug arms,dog legs,lol.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Thanks all of you for the recent comments and feedback. I'm happy that you like what I make :)
I have saved the PDN of the alien and if I can finish it I would certainly do a colab, (I also have a b&w head with the green eyes)
I'm not very good at creating arms or boddies just yet though.

Daniels - The alien / wasp head was created first using MultiColor Gradient (I used the random option until I found the colours I liked, then set the gradient to be Square.
Next I deleted the middle of the gradient and also around the top, bottom and sides, so I basically ended up with a multi-colour picture frame,
I then used Shape 3D (on sphere) and played around with the x / y settings until I was happy with the position.
Then for the eyes I used davidF's Curly Lines Plugin and then added the lighter green middle of the eye and the white spot on another layer, then resized them to be oval and to fit on the top of the alien / wasp head,
It's hard to explain really, (not good at tute writing :lol: ) but it was just an experiment with a surprising result. :)

Edited by sashwilko
  • Upvote 2

swIFX9v.png

That alien head is really cute Sasha. His (or Her) eyes are amazing. I hope you do finish it one way or the other. I would never of thought to use a gradient as a starting block to make something so unique, well done :) Your ornament is very nice too, very nice additions to your gallery and always nice to pass by to see how you are getting on :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Nothing wrong with keeping something as a WIP. I have lots of images that don't know what they want to be yet. Looks good so far.

Love the ornament too. I would buy something like that. Well, if it wasn't too expensive. ;)

BP is right. I have a few things that  have keep just as elements to use in other things. Kinda like having your own personal stock. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you nitenurse, blackpenny, barbieq both new images were just experiments that turned out the right way, and as mentioned I kept the pdn files just in-case I can finish them off or perhaps add something to them at a later date :)

swIFX9v.png

keeping your work as a pdn file saves you from doing the same thing again...

i mean you can add a layer but you can hide another layer and render afterwards...

excellent work on using the 3Ds...

that alien thingie is one big project i think...

your outline siggy is cute and sassy...

use of gradients is pretty neat too...

my lappy is quite bad in executing some plugins...

dunno why but it might be bacause of the videocard so maybe why its slower...

you have talent im sure of it...

=^_^=

siggyokazakishin1.png

Thank you ShinichiOkazaki - I'm glad that you like my gallery :) The alien I think will be a big job, not being very good at rendering a body or arms yet, It could be a very long work in progress, but it may get completed before the year ends :D

swIFX9v.png

i cant wait to see it...

made me all too excited...

reminds me of macro photography...

i really like your variation of the magic circle tut...

=^_^=

siggyokazakishin1.png

Thank you yellowman and ShinichiOkazaki, It will be a lengthy project, because I am stuck on how to make a body for it. :/

ShinichiOkazaki - Thank you for your comment on the magic circle, that was a fun tute to follow, I just wish I had made the canvas bigger :)

swIFX9v.png

Oh WOW! Sasha, fragile is a great work, it looks to me like a stage production poster, the velvet curtains effect is really good and I really dig the gold letters on different angles too, nice and subtle use of drop shadow, well made. B)

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png