Aislin's Gallery (Update 30-12-12)

Aislin

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I have seen your works (I have been lurking in the shadows for quite some time), but they are all equally impressive. No pressure sensitivity in PDN, no problem according to your works, and I simply don't have the drawing ability to do that. Very impressive works, and I'm a little jealous you can draw better than me.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

thanks everyone... I still think you all could do this too if you practice a lil... lots of huggles

by the way, my lil sis gave birth to a son!! 2of januari at 22:15, his name is Jason, 6 pounds and 48 cm and, most important, he and my sister are doing great :) it took my sis almost 20 hours!!

thanks everyone, yeah I had the luck that I got epidural and was able to sleep the whole day till 30 minutes before giving birth!

anyway, I have a new one at page one... I made it in sepia, a lil diff from black and white :)

• 2 weeks later...

This time I have started a colored digital portrait! it's a bit harder because of the use of colors, it has to look natural and skin is very very hard to look natural if you start with colors.... anyway, progress is on page 1

6661125613_d30ea1ccb2.jpg6700483105_bd4e102339.jpg

If the above is the current topic of discussion, I think the issue comes (referring to the right image) from the woman's face. I understand it's a work in progress, but when you compare the forehead area closest to the flowers to the shoulder as an example, the skin tone on the shoulder fades and returns at the outer (right side) whereas the forehead to the right side does not, or is too light (again my vision is my own worst enemy). I think maybe a touch of skin tone extending upward from the eye (but not necessarily directly - maybe a small gap to highlight the brow) to between the flowers or midway through the first (smallest) flower might help.

Before you actually adjust it though, let's see if others agree with my assessment.

I hope this isn't going to "throw a monkey wrench" into this. But maybe this will best illustrate what I'm trying to describe (sorry for the particular model represented below):

Skull.jpg

Note the shading to either side of the forehead area and the center is much lighter.

Again, as I previously noted, I understand this is a WIP.

@Aislin: great to see you tackling color. Hopefully this will generate some new tutorial material. I've learned much from your methods shared but have not done the actual projects/subject matter directly as yet.

It seems like its working well so far. I do agree the shadowing may be a bit off to start, but since its a WIP, I'm not sure if that's accurate reflection of what you're "seeing" in your mind's eye yet or not to speculate.

@JIM: Its funny you'd say "model" for that image ... Makes me think of lots of models I've met over the years who starve themselves "to death" ... :mrgreen: She's very lovely and I'd bet she skips breakfast. ;)

Gallery at PDN-Fans

the shadowing part is in this one, the hardest thing to do and i am not done with it... what you are talking about - the forehead, i have not even started on the shadows near the flowers, why? because i think it is better to do the flowers first so I know the exact places where to put darker and lighter shadows and highlights... on my black and white paintings, the shadows are the most easiest thing to do, so yeah, this is really a trial in my case... I think I will need to do a color study before I will be very good at it though ;)

Thanks for your comments and yes Jim, you were thinking correct, but as I said, i have not even started with that part yet :)

Wow! , i Got Shocked When i saw Your amazing gallery , Aislin , I prefer this one most:

Hidden Content:

5833775918_6127bf9812_z.jpg

The girl is almost real and looks like looking to me , i even expected here to jump out of the screen and stare at me ! ,This is awesome !

anyway i aksed you before and you ignored me , do you draw these from the very start or do you edit realy images ? (Like your hand tutorial) , i really need to see more tutorials from you and some paintings also !

All the good

Ahmed

edit: damn ! i should have voted for you this year :(

Edited by AhmedElyamani