Aislin's Gallery (Update 30-12-12)

Aislin

looking good so far! Just a (really late) comment about the composition. Rule of thirds and some things about leading lines are drawing my eye towards some place around the microphone, which is good except for the fact that it is right next to the empty corner. If at all possible, it may help if you lengthened the bodies of the two guys on the right just a bit so that there are some dim details behind the microphone.

EDIT: Just noticed the larger version of the image in the realistic image thread, and it looks great over there! It's probably just a problem with me and not the picture ;)

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

THanks you both :) most of it is painted by mouse, but some parts are from the real image and smudged, since it wouldn't work at some parts... Is that cheating? lol

anyway, as I said in the competition of painting vehicles, I have no money t pay for the internet, I am now at my parents place where I am not allowed to do a lot with the computer (they are scared for bugs and virusses and all) so it will take a while before I can be on again...

Hope to be on soon again!!

Wow Aislin - your work is amazing :) Sorry you can't be on-line more :( I'd be happy to do the Poll for you on the painted vehicles - if only I could find out how!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, and thanks... well at least I have internet back (at least for a month) and here is a new pic... 110%PDN as usual, tools used: blurs, tools from the toolbox, transparency, layers and layer blending modes and at last some color balance, contrast effects...

8073712741_16af662633_c.jpg

Please tell me if I have to change anything, or if you see something wrong, so I can edit it before printing on canvas (end of this month)

Edited by Aislin

Ais, that is spectacular work, For me the only things are the eyebrow & eye are a tiny bit too blurry, & the forearms are not smoothly lined at the elbows, & the outside elbow looks a bit lumpy. Now these are super-critical things. There are so many great things you have put into this, like the freckles on his arms & I do love the way you did his hands, the glow from below & behind, the mic, the bandanna on his wrist - all superbly done, not to mention that awesome hair. You have so captured the emotion. Well done & bravo Ais!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Ditto to what barbie suggested. And his ear! What?! It's so amazingly realistic! I also really like your work with highlights and shadows. It livens up the character really well.

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

That is just awesome, Aislin! I agree with barbieq, the eye and the eyebrow could be just a tiny bit sharper and his right arm looks as though it could use just a little feathering. Other than that, this is a superb demonstration of your talent. You just get better with every project!

brickwallSIGresized_zps458db672.png

My Gallery

Thank you all so much for your usefull comments, will get to it right away! I already removed a tiny bit of red with the color balance option, it looks better that way, more realistic...

I have already spent around 30 hours on this one, and I can add 1 or 2 hours on top of it :) Next one will be my son, or yet an other celeb... Also have some ideas of doing a fantasy woman with a blue or green skin... lol. So many ideas, so little time...

By the way, this was the original (471x720) My version has become: (1043 x 1600) lol

262191d1302212584-marko-saaresto-img_0683.jpg

Edited by Aislin

That is incredible. You've improved quite a bit since you started painting!

I think the next step for you is to add texture to your paintings. By that, I mean a very subtle overlay of some sort so that the lighting isn't perfectly uniform. That would require a different texture for every material, and it takes a lot of time, but I think it would really boost the realism from practically-perfect to perfectly-perfect :)

By the way, I just read your paragraph at the beginning of your gallery (missed it for a while because I saw your pictures :roll:) and found a couple of missing letters...

...ols, I was not able to 'paint' but ju...
...ith PDN and just pai...

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Well here is the edited version, I sadly can't do anything to make the elbow look better... I did edited his hand as well, to make it a tiny bit more realistic, can someone see what I did? giggles

8093342684_303a499138_z.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone...

it has been a while, again!! grrrr, every time I am happy being back, something happens and I can't be on anymore. This time I had a major computervirus and had to wait for my friend to fix it, otherwise, I would have lost some important documents and images...

anyway, it's getting annoying, being back and gone, back and gone, so i hope I'll be back for longer this time :) especially for the awards of course! I have some really good ones in my mind :)

Here are some pictures, taken at the concert in Cologne of Poets of the Fall, I was the lucky girl who won 2 tickets, and after the show, after asking some people of the crew, I actually was able to give them the posters I made and framed! I have been talking with them, and went on some pics with them :) The pics are slightly edited in PDN of course :) The paintings I made are now on their studio wall :)

8207834163_3c47fe5af8.jpg8208926306_5aecae6498.jpg

8207836371_7933fe2d04.jpg8207837269_9d54fe76e5.jpg8208928486_1ea8f988f8.jpg

8207838095_3a0741a610.jpg8207838663_c1ebc6210a.jpg8207836893_de650c149c.jpg

lol, as you can see I am a huge fan of the singer, so most pics are of him :P

Edited by Aislin

Ais! What a lucky girl you are & your happy face shows it! Well done!

You've captured some fabulous images & the green one is my fave. I bet there will be some artworks coming out of those ;) 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, thanks bbq and helen for those nice comments :) I hate being not around here as much as I want to... I miss all of the good stuff, new people etc...

Poets of the Fall made a lil movie of the highlights of their German Tour and guess what? My paintings are in it! (look closely @ 2:33)

It clearly is not the Louvre, but it is very special to me :)

As for new works... I have already been busy for it for an entire month, but I have not enough time to really work on it... you can see it @ page 1 under new works :)

Have a very happy new year!

edit: video is not working for me... I'll post the link instead

edit 2: now it's working :P

Edited by Aislin