Aislin's Gallery (Update 30-12-12)

Aislin

• 4 months later...

thanks helen and bbq, I'm fine... I have such little time these day's, so I rather spend the time I have on creating than on watching the forum a lot... sorry, but I guess you'll understand?

how are you?

An other new work... This time I made a lot of use of custom mini brushes and smudge, creating a 'painted' look, it was a lot of fun :) Reference photo: http://images4.fanpo...722-499-649.jpg

7793964188_6721ceb8cf_z.jpg

also Updated Tomy his picture, better than the B&W version?

7794114332_64117bb4ee_z.jpg

Edited by Aislin

Wow, Aislin! I'm really digging the new works! Tomy is absolutely adorable, and you've really captured a sense of life in your portrait of him.

Taylor Lautner: Not really a fan, but your render is impeccable. I'm really digging the painted look and I look forward to seeing more.

brickwallSIGresized_zps458db672.png

My Gallery

thanks :) I actually painted those twoo very smooth, you know, as in my other works... But I wanted to make them a bit more realistic, so I did a bit of smudging, I did a bit of custom mini brushes (I have like, 50 skin pensils from Adobe Photoshop) at last I added grain and added noise... voila!

Me myself and I, are most proud of Taylor Lautner, because of the intense and realistic look :)

I will make some time today to go look through your galleria's :)

EDIT, but I see I missed some cleaning up next to the face and shoulder, I have a bad computerscreen... have to look from each side of it to see if I missed something... lol

Edited by Aislin

thanks for all of those nice comments :)

I actually started with 2 other pictures, one of Tomy and one of Zhang Ziyi, but they will have to wait since I have won 2 tourtickets of Poets of the Fall their German tour and huge fan as I am, I will go to all 6 concerts, of course + I will make one special artwork for them :)

Example for the Digital Art Vehicle competition.

It really isn't my best, since I have alway's done portraits + I usually take like 24 hours time for one image, this one took me "just" 6 hours.

7837987810_b604529f89_b.jpg

Anyway, I am starting with a huge project, a band poster (intirely painted). I have made a collage from roughly cut out pictures first, to see what composition I would like and came up with this:

7843324050_577087bd24_b.jpg

just remember, this is not painted yet, but I am going to, and since it has got 6 faces, it would take me a while to finish... giggles

What I would like to know is what YOU think about this composition (since I am actually making it for the band)

The composition looks great. I'm not too keen on the bodies cut abruptly from the bottom. If you can fade them out a bit into the black it would look more natural and fit in with the poster better. Otherwise, it looks like a real poster already and if you're going to paint it and do it successfully, then there's nothing that you can't do in Paint.NET. Good luck!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

The composition looks great. I'm not too keen on the bodies cut abruptly from the bottom. If you can fade them out a bit into the black it would look more natural and fit in with the poster better. Otherwise, it looks like a real poster already and if you're going to paint it and do it successfully, then there's nothing that you can't do in Paint.NET. Good luck!

giggles, like I said, they are ruffly cut out, of course I have a plan for that ;-) but I can't do that yet if I still have to paint it...

There is A LOT I can not do in Paint.NET, I can't even make a jewel with all those plug-ins, in fact I don't even know what all of those plug-ins do! That's because I only focus on painting... lol, But thanks a lot for your nice comment :-)

• 1 month later...