Aislin's Gallery (Update 30-12-12)

Aislin

thanks Helen and BBQ, yeah am in a very artistic mood lately, sooooo, got an other update :) Vampire girl this time... the links to the teeth, background and original image are underneath the image on the first page... If you have any comments please tell, it can only improve my skills :)

wow...i had to take off second life since it was wasting ram space but i might have to get it back with all the cool stuff you just inspired me to do....

love the gallery. ^^

Signature.png

"Even the Gods wish to not be alone..."

[And yes, I did draw my Avatar. see it full-sized on my deviantart page.]

Aislin,

When you have jagginess in a small area, like the teeth and blood trail here,

it is feasible to do anti-aliasing as pixel art/pixel editing.

Zoom in and color-pick a color adjacent to where you'll be editing.

On a new layer, add a few pixels to fill in, then reduce the layer opacity.

Make another new layer and repeat until it looks right.

Here's a PDN file with the edits to the tooth on the viewer's left.

PDN Download

Switch the visibility of the top layer on and off to see the difference.

You can press F4 on various layers to get a sense of the layer opacities that are typical.

@mitzumikare, yeah second life is really a sorce for insperation, I just LOVE it... if I had a better computer, I would make the original pics myself, but I just have to search them at flickr.com in pile up groups.. I can send you the links if your computer can't handle second life as well?

@Sarkut, thank you very much :) will do that the next time :)

@chrisco, thanks! I hope more people would try the same as what I do, would be fun :)

Edited by Aislin

it can handle it fine but that along with IMVU and all the other programs and bloody potato was slowing my computer down. so i did some cleaning up and decided to get rid of it since i really didn't have the time to play.

Speaking of which, does your tutorials/avatars work in IMVU or you never tried?

Signature.png

I once tried IMVU, but hated it... I prefer Second life, it looks better and you can do lots more with it...I was/am a photographer in second life and can actually earn money with it, but since I had to sell my computer and just have my laptop, I'm not able to do the snapshots IN second life in my photostudio :(

I kinda like both but IMVU was easier on my hard drive than SL. If i ever upgrade, i'll probably rejoin both....

mind you, i do all my stuff on my laptop so...yeah......

either way, great pics. ^^

Signature.png

• 2 weeks later...

I made a new image, it was a hard one because I had to 'paint'the left side of her face as you can see the diff between the original and my version. The link to the original is above the image on the first page.

Very nice job! I coulnt even tell how much you did until I looked at the original! WOW!

Edited by Heat Stroke

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

thanks all :) To be honest, I copied and pasted the eye and brow and did a bit rotate zoom (which is kinda hard if you want it to fit perfectly) and painted the skin myself as for the hair on the left side

thanks all :) To be honest, I copied and pasted the eye and brow and did a bit rotate zoom (which is kinda hard if you want it to fit perfectly) and painted the skin myself as for the hair on the left side

Nothing wrong with that, Aislin. Why reinvent the wheel?

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

thanks Helen and BBQ.

I made a new image. I mostly used the smudge tool, I tried smudge last year, but I guess I wasn't ready for it back then...

Compared to my work in 2009 and the beginning of 2010, I have grown a lot (in my opinion)

ohw I found the background image here

• 4 weeks later...

thank you!!! can you believe that this one 'just' took me 2 hours?? mostly it takes me 4 to 5 hours for one pic...

anyway, I am busy with one from sketch, so no second life pictures in it, it is still in progress, but you can see it on page 1