How to produce a Fingerprint

cjmcguinness

This tutorial will show you how to turn a picture of a finger (possibly your own) into a fingerprint that could be used in the ultimate signature.

You will need a close up picture of a finger to begin with - I used this one (btw, it's not mine).

01OriginalPicture.gif

Step 1. Invert the colours: Adjustments > Invert Colours

02InvertColours.png

Step 2. Set the picture as Black & White: Adjustments > Black and White

03BlackWhite.png

Step 3. Emboss the image with an angle of 0.00

04Emboss.png

Step 4. Select Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast. Leave the Brightness at 0 and raise the Contrast to 100. Playing with the Brightness value will give you a more or less detailed final print.

05Contrast.png

Step 5. Use the paintbrush, with the primary colour set White, and begin removing the extraneous black from around the print. You should be able to see a reasonable outline to base the shape by.

06FinishedPrint.png

You can now add your own unique stamp to any piece of art or even your signature (if you don't mind your print being distributed worldwide!)

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Since we're turing this thread into a conversation that makes me laugh everytime I read it, I'll contribute to the jokes. Two thumbs walked into a bar.... oh nevermind... Great tut, but a little creepy :shock: This smiley makes me crack up everytime every time!

GuhhtarrPlayyurr14.png

Since we're turing this thread into a conversation that makes me laugh everytime I read it, I'll contribute to the jokes. Two thumbs walked into a bar.... oh nevermind... Great tut, but a little creepy :shock: This smiley makes me crack up everytime every time!

was there really a point to reviving this thread?

its almost over 2 years old.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

was there really a point to reviving this thread?

its almost over 2 years old.

What's the point in complaining?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...