How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's Text Fun Factory v2.1 - Updated January 5, 2024

BoltBait

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's Text Fun Factory v1.0 - Updated October 29, 2023

WOW @BoltBait  I thought Creative Text Pro was great.  You've outdone yourself.  Thank you!  😊

TextFactory1.png  And I have way too much time on my hands!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, homebrew said:

compared with your outline i can't get the same result when applying a gradient with the same values

i thought i could delete outline an text plus but at the end of the day no

This plugin is using a completely different method of text rendering than Creative Text Pro, so you'll probably want to keep that one around.  As for my Outline/Gradient text plugin... this one is similar, but there are some differences.  I didn't realize that I'd changed the order of rendering and I'll probably change Text Fun Factory to be more similar to that.  Bottom line, it processes a letter at a time, so there will be differences.  Look for an update to this plugin in a day or so which will make the outlines slightly thinner and the 3D effect to be more pronounced.  This should make this plugin a full replacement for Outline/Gradient text.

Luckily, you can still use all of them—you don’t have to choose. 

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Aggoco said:

Only drawback for me is the limit on font size. Would it be possible to allow the user to enter a custom size?

The current limit in the plugin is 500pt. What size do you want to use?

I note that the plugin's limit is currently smaller than paint.net's limit of 2000pt for the Text tool.

On 11/18/2023 at 3:21 PM, Tactilis said:

The current limit in the plugin is 500pt. What size do you want to use?

I note that the plugin's limit is currently smaller than paint.net's limit of 2000pt for the Text tool.

On my computer the plugin is limited to 228.

50 minutes ago, Aggoco said:

On my computer the plugin is limited to 228.

Mine, too.  @Tactilis you may be looking at BB's Creative Text Pro.

7 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

@Tactilis you may be looking at BB's Creative Text Pro.

You are right @lynxster4. I was mixing up the two plugins.

@Aggoco, you said that the limit (of 228pt) was too low and asked for the ability to "enter a custom size". I assume you mean that you are just looking for a higher limit.

Noting @BoltBait's reply about the 3D look, what maximum font size are you seeking? Do you have a specific use case where you have needed a particular size?

7 hours ago, BoltBait said:

I could make the text size bigger, but eventually, the 3D look just won't look good enough at the higher sizes.

Maybe a limit of 300pt?  🙂

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's Text Fun Factory v2.0 - Updated December 25, 2023

image.png

A gift from me to you:  Version 2.0 of the Text Fun Factory has been published!

Until I put this in my plugin pack, you can download above!

This is now available in my plugin pack.  Go get it here: https://forums.getpaint.net/BoltBaitPluginPack

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Hooray 2

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's Text Fun Factory v2.1 - Updated January 5, 2024
  • BoltBait pinned this topic
On 11/1/2023 at 5:01 AM, homebrew said:

compared with your outline i can't get the same result when applying a gradient with the same values

i thought i could delete outline an text plus but at the end of the day no

With version Text Fun Factory 2.0, you should be able to retire both Outline Text and Creative Text Pro.

• 3 weeks later...

I used the text fun factory to print decals for a vintage radio. Since I was successful in doing so, I sent a donation. However, maybe I'm missing something, but is there a way to input multiple lines of text and also to change the font in the middle of inputing data?

2 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

@BoltBait do you want to support multiple lines of text? (in other words, was this was a design choice, or were you not yet sure how to do it)

Because I'm rendering letter by letter, the math involved would break my brain.

Also, I'd have to have controls to adjust the line spacing... etc. Meh. Not worth it.  Just put each line on a different layer or create a selection to render your text into.

1 hour ago, BoltBait said:

Because I'm rendering letter by letter, the math involved would break my brain.

You can do this by leveraging some DirectWrite stuff that I haven't wired up yet. No "math" involved, it will just tell you where to draw each glyph (letter). But, it's a bit more work. I can definitely get this wired up for v5.1 and then show you the ropes. I can probably make it "really easy" to use.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

Love the plugin.

I have noticed that the color is off.
Is there a way to make the colors match.

The top one is the normal text and the color is in the primary color spot on the palette.
The bottom one is from the text factory and the color is from the primary color spot also.

Is there a way for these to match better than this?
image.png.07f00704581b67c52d498fa78c5174c3.png

-Jason