S3D#2:Realistic eyes(EASY)+Slit pupil+

Ash

When I first saw the eye, I thought it would be so much harder. I'm loving it now. Thanks for the tut! I'm new,but you all make things so easy for me. I've had PDN for awhile and never realized all the possibilities. Since I was following the tuts, and downloading plugins I figured I had better join. THANKS!

8EYE.png

Thank you Ash. I love the eye that has the slit for a pupil. Its like a cat eye. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how you made it. Knowing me, it was a simple little thing and I am looking for a complex answer. Maybe a tut on cat eyes? LOL

heres my try:

eyetest.jpg

i found this really cool picture file! its called drivewiper.exe.jpg its almost done loadi

The sentence below is false

The sentence above is true

On the rightmost picture in your last examples how did you get that kind of pattern on the sphere? I've tried rendering different polygons and panelling effects but they don't work.

Signature.jpg

You can't touch this.

I just downloaded Paint.NET and began messing around with it the other day. Then I found the tutorials section and made this:

eye.png

This is the first tutorial I've tried and I think I did fairly well on it. I had very good instructions to work off of. I plan on using this program a lot more in the very near future!!!

evilbanner.png

Ash, could you please explain how you got the slit in the eye in the above picture. I think this will greatly help me with my next project. I'm trying to make the pupil into the shape of a heart.

Thanks in advance.

evilbanner.png

Well, if Ash came up with a tut for a heart or any other shape pupil, it would be so much better than this... I just quickly came up with it and didn't spend a lot of time fine-tuning... But the general idea came from what you said about the heart pupil.

heartpupil.gif

The slit is not coming to me... For the heart I followed your tut except made the top black smaller, then sphered it, and with no lighting. then made a black heart to fit over the pupil section, outlined it in the iris accent color and then re-sphered it... Which I am sure there is a more interesting way... OH wait why am I telling this to you, you know far more than I could grasp :D I anxiously await the next tut.

Sorry Ash I really hate being so lame. I have even done this tutorial before. I can't find gradiant bars. I give, can you point me in the right direction please? :?

Cool, I used my very first smiley. Strange that at my age there can be so many first.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE