Does Paint.net have anything like the "Inflate Tool" from Adobe Photoshop?

These work exceptionally well.....

xt-wings-shoes-multi.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7 👍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well first of all sorry that it has been over a month since I've last commented here but that Road Runner pic is rather impressive.

Anyways the reason why I have asked about this was on how I can make 2D character models with the program known as Kisekae. In which I can make models like these for example...

D4mAKz1.jpg

While the program itself is rather customizable there is one issue namely on how characters can't face left, right or back only forward. Sure you can have their eyes to face in various directions but the body can only face forward. For a time I have been trying to figure out how to get 2D Models like these to face left or right. (But the fact that 2D models are well 2D and thefore flat have made this a bit more difficult.) I was just simply wondering if there is a to get 2D Models like these to face left or right and not be overly flat/stretched out on Paint.Net or Windows Paint 3D.

Oh and before anyone suggests that I take up 3D models I'm afraid that is a no can do. Unfortunately programs like XNALara and Magic Poser tend to cause my lap-top to overheat and shut off for a little while. So in other words I for the most part can't do 3D and Windows Paint 3D is basically the only remotely 3D program that I know of that my computer can run. So what do you folks say?

1 hour ago, Pokejedservo said:

I was just simply wondering if there is a to get 2D Models like these to face left or right and not be overly flat/stretched out on Paint.Net

There isn't. Paint.net has no knowledge of depth or thickness. You might as well print them out and turn the page edge-on. You will have to redraw them if you want a side-on view.

32 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

There isn't. Paint.net has no knowledge of depth or thickness. You might as well print them out and turn the page edge-on. You will have to redraw them if you want a side-on view.

There's also the idea of 3d modeling them. If you want to go insane, 3d model them using a text editor (I kid here).

G'MIC Filter Developer

• 2 months later...

Well thanks anyways ladies & gents (and sorry for the really late reply), unfortunately my computer can't seem to run 3-D Modelling programs such as XNALara and the like. So I've been thinking of looking into rigging 2D character models. The program that I used to make that picture shown in my previous reply Kisekae does have some character model rigging capabilities but it is a bit limited. (Though to be fair Kisekae is probably the only 2D Charactor Creator program that I know of that has any sort of model rigging.) But I have been recently noticed this site...

https://opentoonz.github.io/e/index.html

And I thought I would look into that (though I have heard that Blender can be used for 2D Character rigging as well). Though let me guess would 2D character rigging be a bit too much for paint.net or are there extensions for that too?

The current version of Blender does character rigging as well as 3D, 2D animation, as well as video editing.
It is free and open source!

BTW:
For 2D animation, Synfig Studio does character rigging!

I use an older software similar to Adobe flash/Animate for 2D character rigging called ToonBoom (now 
Harmony)

Edited by HyReZ
to add more information