D3z's Gallery (Updated dmy: 31/10/08)

D3z

Ok here is my artwork gallery. I don't know what else to say so lets just start right away!

New:Added 2 new versions of a piece of art that I did for the end of the month adn removed some of the boring art. New Sig coming soon!

New art

21b.jpg

21a.jpg

Old art

20.jpg

SporeSigforuse.png

Sigforuse-1.jpg

100thpostsigforuse-1.png

Eye.jpg

FireandIce.jpg

^this was going to be my (not so good) entry for the Fire and Ice LAOTW competition but I didnt get it in on time :( )

19.jpg

11.jpg

12a.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Owl.png

(Thanks to Ash for the texture)

evolutionfinishedproduct-1.png

Please give your comments even if they are negative!

"Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity." -Michaul Gelb

My Gallery Check it out!

Thanks guys I'll start posting more soon. I had "challenged" myslef to do 10 pokemon banners so thats almosr over.

@Zizoiz

Do you mean the one with only the owl? Ye I was kinda proud of that. (I used Ashes hair and eye tuts. Thanks Ash)

@LJXD

Thanks to MadJik for his abstract tut! :D

My Gallery Check it out!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Depends on which one you are talking about?

Most dont take very long (max 20mins)

Note:There should be an update at the end on the month (if I remember that is :lol: )

My Gallery Check it out!

I really like your owl...

The first time i saw it was in the fur/texture tutorial by ash and i thought great job but just never took the time finding your gallery so that i could tell you how awsome it is...

But then today i was just browsing throgh the pictorium watching amazing art and your gallery was there so i thought i would drop a comment and here it is...

• 3 weeks later...

After some time that I have spent without using Paint.net, I have gone back to it again and now I have updated my gallery with my Latest art and I guess I should remove the old stuff to shorten it a bit but I will do that later....

Oh well I hope you all enjoy the update and remember to post your comments! :D

My Gallery Check it out!

• 2 weeks later...

The new art is pretty cool. Could you, for my sake, add some letters or something glowy like you did for your "spore" image? (I hope that's what it says). You can apply your effects to other things, too. Could you tell me how you did the new image that you posted? It looks neat.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks for the reply Helen.

If you mean the one with the black background and yellowy/greeny letters, then yes it says spore and I will do more similar art :)

In connection with the new artwork (assuming it is the one right at the top): When I am bored I open PDN and mess around with effects that I dont often use. If I think its cool, I open a new picture, go back and repeat the steps (by following the history) and take note of them. Unfortunately, I found that tis was very cool and, in my haste to try to repeat it, I managed to close the original one :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: However, I managed to duplicate the effect, but only to a certain point, this is where I got.

1: Render clouds with a high scale and then flames (not fire) with max settings and check "black and white".

2: Polar transformation (rect to polar) with default settings but max scale.

3: Distort -> Keleidoscope with default settings

4: New layer -> Gradient bars with any colours, settings and alignment on 0.65

5: Set blend mode to overlay and duplicate the layer.

Now I get to the point where I am not sure how I did it but if somebody could help me and tell how this effect was acheived, it would be much appreciated.

6: Flip vertical and invert colours.

7: Duplicate layer, Rotate 90 degrees and use colour balance with 1 slider on full either way

8: This is repeated 3 or 4 times or something until you have a different colour in each quarter.

I hope that helps and that somebody can tell me how I did it.

My Gallery Check it out!